cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Simcard & can not transfer current phone number

updatehelenasap
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bought a brand new "invalid" simcard online.  I went to Walmart to see if they could help, but no. I ended up buying a new simcard.  It got worse after that. They had issues trying to transfer my phone number from Rogers to PB with the 2nd simcard.  He ended up registerning manually and I have 2 simcard (Roger and PB) activated and paying for both.  The number was supposed to be transferred to PB and Rogers deactivated. 

Question:

1. How can I get a refund for the "invalid" simcard?

2. I can't seem to transfer my current Rogers wireless phone number to PB. I have a new phone number from PB. How can I change this new PB number to old Rogers number?

2 REPLIES 2

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@updatehelenasap wrote:

Bought a brand new "invalid" simcard online.  I went to Walmart to see if they could help, but no. I ended up buying a new simcard.  It got worse after that. They had issues trying to transfer my phone number from Rogers to PB with the 2nd simcard.  He ended up registerning manually and I have 2 simcard (Roger and PB) activated and paying for both.  The number was supposed to be transferred to PB and Rogers deactivated. 

Question:

1. How can I get a refund for the "invalid" simcard?

2. I can't seem to transfer my current Rogers wireless phone number to PB. I have a new phone number from PB. How can I change this new PB number to old Rogers number?

The invalid sim could have been an error as for some reason PM likes/needs browsers to be incognito or private mode and then seem to work.  As for the issues with Walmart they do have access to a customer service number and should have dealt with it there for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@updatehelenasapDoes the Public Mobile account working now? You can go to selfserve to transfer your number manually (you need your Roger's account to be active in order to do that). So don't cancel your Rogers account until the number is safely and working on Public.

As for the "invalid" SIM card.. you can ask the moderators but SIM cards are considered non refundable.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.