cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding another line to your account

memetis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it possible to add another line to your existing account? I have 3 more lines I want to port over BUT I do not want the hasstle of creating mutliple accounts and multiple emails to do this.

21 REPLIES 21

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 does that include all the losses from migrations to koodo? If so then pm is rocking it,and koodo must be happy to, tohave a pool of easy aquasitions.

Yes it does so we were told.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 does that include all the losses from migrations to koodo? If so then pm is rocking it,and koodo must be happy to, tohave a pool of easy aquasitions.

@memetis wrote:

Can the @CS_Agent make this an option for all accounts. It would help to retain and get new customers.

As I have said, it is a hasstle to get multiple emails for multiple accounts.

So if Public Mobile/Telus wants customers, then it should use the KISS formula (Keep It Short & Simple).

Otherwise, this issue will remain unresolved and you will not get new customers and that will affect the bottom line at Telus.

I can't see (in the near future anyway) them creating multiple lines per account features anytime soon.  This is not hampering the growth of Public Mobile.  On a recent Oracle Conference call we were told that the growth of PM is actually beating expectations and targets.  It isn't a big deal to have one email per account/line, use the gmail alias approach and then you don't need to create any extra emails.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

The mods can not do this type of thing.  Therevwas a public lab and this was asked a couple times with no interest from the higher ups .

Actually it is KISS, one account per email. 

The system is the way it is, they can barley get the password reset to work,  adding multiple accounts will cause too many issues I believe.  As @will13am has said many times "take the system for what it is not what you want/wish it to be.,"

If this feature is so important then koodo or Telus might be the brand go with(or the other brands).

memetis

Can the @CS_Agent make this an option for all accounts. It would help to retain and get new customers.

As I have said, it is a hasstle to get multiple emails for multiple accounts.

So if Public Mobile/Telus wants customers, then it should use the KISS formula (Keep It Short & Simple).

Otherwise, this issue will remain unresolved and you will not get new customers and that will affect the bottom line at Telus.

@superbaby52 wrote:

so if i got 2 slots for sim cards .then all i need i guess is another email and sim card..right

Yes, but...

If your intention is to put two Public Mobile SIMs into your dual SIM phone, make sure that both slots support minimum Canadian 3G frequencies (B2-1900, B5-850).

Most low-to-mid-range dual SIM phones support 3G/4G for the main SIM (slot 1), but only 2G for slot 2. Only providers on the Rogers network are offering 2G (to be taken off grid in 2020, I think), so putting a Public Mobile SIM (Telus network) into a 2G only slot will simply not work.

@memetis, it's just the way it works, and it's been suggested many times before to change it.

There is no desire from the company to do this.  So it stays the way it is.

One line per account.  One email per account.  You want more, you get more accounts and emails.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@memetis wrote:

I am glad a moderator was tagged. As I said, I do NOT want the hastle of getting mutliple email accounts. Other carriers allow this, why not Public Mobile?

Do other pre-paid no frills lower-tier carriers allow this? Yes the bigger post-paid ones do but I don't know others in the same class as PM.

mimmo

@memetis best to stay with your current provider.  The system was set up one email one account. They can not change that. You were given the workarounds / options. 

@memetis wrote:

I am glad a moderator was tagged. As I said, I do NOT want the hastle of getting mutliple email accounts. Other carriers allow this, why not Public Mobile?

memetis

superbaby52
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sorry my mistake....for tagging a mode..

superbaby52

so if i got 2 slots for sim cards .then all i need i guess is another email and sim card..right

@Anonymous wrote:

@superbaby52 wrote:

i was wondering this too..i look on plans and dont see any.. pls message a mod...thats what i will do..i love a answer to this question...i know with my phone i got 2 slot for sim cards...so i can add a 2nd line/number..just nedd to get another sim card .hope you find your answer..

That's...different. The thread is talking about multiple lines in one account. You seem to be now talking about multiple lines on a phone.

It is kind of the same as it would require two numbers which means two accounts with unique email address for each.

mimmo

@superbaby52 why did you tag a mod? Was the answer not provided a couple times?

superbaby52

ok thks

superbaby52

i tagged a mod for you.let me know if you get a answer.i love to know too if possible 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@superbaby52 wrote:

i was wondering this too..i look on plans and dont see any.. pls message a mod...thats what i will do..i love a answer to this question...i know with my phone i got 2 slot for sim cards...so i can add a 2nd line/number..just nedd to get another sim card .hope you find your answer..

That's...different. The thread is talking about multiple lines in one account. You seem to be now talking about multiple lines on a phone.

superbaby52

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@memetis wrote:

Is it possible to add another line to your existing account? I have 3 more lines I want to port over BUT I do not want the hasstle of creating mutliple accounts and multiple emails to do this.

Each phone number is a seperate account with a seperate email address associated with it.

mimmo

1 line one account.

If you use Gmail the + alias is great. Name@gmail.com and name+123@gmail.com go to the same place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@memetis wrote:

No.

Some people use forwarded email addresses to collect emails from here in one place.

Need Help? Let's chat.