cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM Card

Sensei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched over to Public Mobile on the advice of a co-worker and their insistence on how easy it was and how good the service was.

I have to say I am utterly disappointed and completely disgusted by the lack of service I have recieved at this time.

I ordered a SIM card which came in the mail 2 days after ordering it. I then went online and followed the steps to activate my account with Public Mobile. I went through everything step by step, and my account was activated, my credit card was billed and everything seemed to have worked out.

However, once I inserted the SIM card, I received a message saying it was an "Invalid SIM Card" and I needed to put in a PIN number to access the network. I assumed this was the PIN number I set up during my account activation, but when I input that number I get a message saying "Incorrect PIN".

I contacted customer support via email immediately and was told I would recieve a response within 48 hours.

It has now been 54 hours and I have yet to recieve any kind of contact from customer support.

I am completely disgusted by the lack of service at this point and just want a refund so I can get my phone up and running with a company that will actually provide cell service.

6 REPLIES 6

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sensei wrote:

I recently switched over to Public Mobile on the advice of a co-worker and their insistence on how easy it was and how good the service was.

I have to say I am utterly disappointed and completely disgusted by the lack of service I have recieved at this time.

I ordered a SIM card which came in the mail 2 days after ordering it. I then went online and followed the steps to activate my account with Public Mobile. I went through everything step by step, and my account was activated, my credit card was billed and everything seemed to have worked out.

However, once I inserted the SIM card, I received a message saying it was an "Invalid SIM Card" and I needed to put in a PIN number to access the network. I assumed this was the PIN number I set up during my account activation, but when I input that number I get a message saying "Incorrect PIN".

I contacted customer support via email immediately and was told I would recieve a response within 48 hours.

It has now been 54 hours and I have yet to recieve any kind of contact from customer support.

I am completely disgusted by the lack of service at this point and just want a refund so I can get my phone up and running with a company that will actually provide cell service.

@Sensei  I hope that you are able to get your phone unlocked and working with the PM system and I do hope that you will come back and edit your original post to remove the above remarks.  You may have gotten action on your issue that was overdue by 5 hours but none of this would have happened if you done your due diligence and made sure your phone was compatible with the PM Network.  As stated everything is working fine on their side.  I am glad you did post on here to get help but I do think your comments are a little harsh considering their system did nothing wrong in this situation.

Thank you @Shazia_K for verifying that all is good on the PM side

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ShawnC13, @mimmo

You both are right, the phone is indeed locked to the previous provider, I told @Sensei to verify if he is able to get the phone unlocked as everything is perfectly set by our side. 

Thanks to both 😉 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

What phone are you using?  Which company were you with before? And as Shawn mentioned is your phone unlocked? I believe invalid Sim usually means locked phone, but then should be getting a screen to insert unlock code...  but sharia is on the case so you are in good hands.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sensei  Is your phone unlocked or at least locked to Telus/ Koodo network?  Invalid Sim and asking for a PIN it seems like the phone is locked to another network/carrier.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Sensei

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

please send me a PM with your Public Mobile SIM card #, I will be glad to help you out. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry to hear about your first impressions.  You should try sending a private message to a moderator.  Response time appears to be very fast these days.  One thing you have to appreciate, setting up this service is easy.  However, when a glitch occurs, it takes some time to get it resolved.  Such is the nature of a discount service.  So please don't be disappointed in something that Public Mobile is not able to deliver.  If you want the immediacy of speaking to a live person, unfortunately this service is not for you.  I will tag a moderator for you to help speed up the resolution process.

@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.