cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texting not working

Edward8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan has international texing but when I send an international message to Kenya, it says 'failed'. But when I send to Canada or USA, it sends successfully. What's the problem? 

11 REPLIES 11

@Edward8   Does everything else work, voice (in and out), data, other texts incoming?  What messaging app are you using for SMS?

hi @Edward8 

did you try my way to text?  how you enter the number anyway?

Edward8

It doesn't matter if it is a company or a person. The ext is not going through. I have tried both cellphones

Edward8

I have tried his in vain

Edward8

Public mobile has international texting and I used to use it until 2 months ago when I went on vacation. On return it is not working but my plan should allow I to work 

@Runningman1990   Public Mobile plans include unlimited international texting for texting from Canada to other countries not just USA.  Public Mobile doesn't work at all in any country other than Canada and the USA.  I believe the OP is texting from Canada to Kenya.

Runningman1990
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Edward. You can only send text message to a canadian #. If you have international texting, it extends to a USA#.  It does not work for any other country. I tried it when I was in Ireland and Italy - no go.  You could partially solve this if you get a esim, get data, and get a VOIP# with world wide texting if you need to text. I used either Nomad or Airolo for my esim for data. Then I use a Fongo VOIP phone for my texting and another canadian telephone #.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Issue could be on Kenya side not able to receive SMS.

Can you Receive SMS from Kenya? If you can just reply on SMS and see if it gets there.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Is this the first time you have text there? Are you texting a company or a private person? See if they are able to text you first and the reply to their text. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's what is recommend,  @Edward8 

Have them text you 1st, then reply to that text.  Then add that incoming number to your contact for that person. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Edward8 

how you text them?

you should be using this pattern 

011 254  (City Code ) ( Local Number)

Need Help? Let's chat.