cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International text messages with Christmas Giveaway

Etienne77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will I be able to send international text messages with the free long distance minutes we got for Christmas?
I have a Canadian Plan, no added roaming plan, turned my Flight mode on and I am in the US atm.

Was wondering what would happen if I turned roaming on.

Any extra charges or fees I need to worry about?

3 REPLIES 3

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Etienne77 wrote:

Will I be able to send international text messages with the free long distance minutes we got for Christmas?
I have a Canadian Plan, no added roaming plan, turned my Flight mode on and I am in the US atm.

Another option to consider is getting a free VOIP app...such as TextNow. It's free, you'll get a free Cdn number and you can call or text ...for free. You just need to have access to wifi.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Etienne77 wrote:

Nothing will work with your Public Mobiles services while in US. Some reports of incoming texts but unable to respond to them.There are no extra charges to worry about...if you didn't pre-pay; you don't have...and no extra or mystery charges to worry about either.

You can buy a 10 Day US Roaming test/talk/data add-on for use in US. Get to someplace with wifi to get to your account to buy it. Most Walmarts or cafes now have good wifi.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Etienne77 wrote:

No you cannot send any texts out while you're travelling in the US.  You can purchase one of the US roaming package which last for 10 days.  Your free add-on only works while you're in Canada.  No other charges as PM is prepaid.

Here is the list of US roaming packages available:

US Roaming6
For 10 Days
U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
$15
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
$8
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
$8
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.
From $10
Need Help? Let's chat.