cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calls

Frankie_Cdn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I take a basic Public Mobile service, what happens if you dial an US or international call? I am hoping the call just fails. I’m hoping to use a Public Mobile phone for my dad’s emergency phone, he has dementia and may dial something by mistake. I just want him to be able to call Canadian numbers only.

7 REPLIES 7

@brendashenda1 wrote:

There is a $15 dollar plan with 3g.  International texting, 100 minutes of calling in Canada and 250mg of data.

@brendashenda1 , yes but it doesn’t include unlimited outgoing calls. So, I suggested the lowest price plan that includes unlimited calls for $10 more. 100 outgoing minutes goes by very fast and each time spend on the call gets rounded off to a full minute not seconds. Which can be even worse if the person dials the phone numbers by mistake making outgoing calls without realizing it!

brendashenda1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can those calls originate from the US?  we are traveling and one of us has the xmas gift of minutes.

brendashenda1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is a $15 dollar plan with 3g.  International texting, 100 minutes of calling in Canada and 250mg of data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Frankie_Cdn 

PM is perfect in your case.  PM is prepaid, and you want get any extra cost other than monthly charge.  If you need anything extra, you buy add-on ahead.  If you don't have US calling, the US calls won't  work.  

On the other hand, if it is an emergency phone for your dad, make sure you check the renewal every month to confirm the Autopay works.  Autopay works most the time but it fails occasionally.  So, make sure you check 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

On a side note, here's a link that I hope can help.

https://www.theseniorlist.com/cell-phones/best/dementia/

The RAZ seems to be something that may interest you.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Frankie_Cdn wrote:

If I take a basic Public Mobile service, what happens if you dial an US or international call? I am hoping the call just fails. I’m hoping to use a Public Mobile phone for my dad’s emergency phone, he has dementia and may dial something by mistake. I just want him to be able to call Canadian numbers only.

@Frankie_Cdn , Your Dad will be fine to place calls & not incur any extra charges if calling any phone numbers outside of Canada the calls will not go through. 🙂 Where it is prepaid there’s no extra charges with Public Mobile. You get what you pay for.

Edit: The most basic plan with Public Mobile that includes unlimited calls & texting Canada wide is the $25 plan 250mb of data at 3g speed. 🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

EDIT: Totally missed that one. LMAO.

Depending on the package you have, if you don't have a Can US package then you won't be able to make calls. HOWEVER if you have one of the yearly Christmas gifts of 500 INTL calling, then yes, any calls made internationally will use up those minutes. But after those minutes are gone, you'll be safe unless he purchases add ons but that won't happen.

Need Help? Let's chat.