cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call

squid88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to travel to HongKong next week. I am wondering is there any add-on available for me to back call in HongKong cuz I just saw from the website and it said, the calls are only available to call when I am in Canada.

8 REPLIES 8

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry but when you go out of continent, your PM sim and account won't work.

So when you are in HK, your PM number will not work (BUT NOTE: you will still be billed for your account if you don't do temporary suspension!)

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Buy one from HongKong airport or by before you go, looks like ItalkBB has it.

https://www.italkbb.com/ca/en/mobile-plans.html#?isUser=false?line=1?chinaSimCard1=false?chinaSimCar...

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@squid88 You can download an app, TextNow, when you are in Canada. It is an internet phone. As long as you have internet access around the world, you can call to another number in North America for FREE. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@squid88Just purchase a tourist SIM at the nearest 7-11 http://www.discoverhongkong.com/au/plan-your-trip/traveller-info/communications/tourist-sim-card.jsp

There is one right when you exit the Terminal

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@squid88 wrote:

I am going to travel to HongKong next week. I am wondering is there any add-on available for me to back call in HongKong cuz I just saw from the website and it said, the calls are only available to call when I am in Canada.

PM has only US roaming add-on.  All other country, buy a local SIM card and use in an unlock phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@squid88 wrote:

If you mean this website then it's correct. Public Mobile only works while in Canada or with roaming add-ons in the states. That's it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@squid88 wrote:

No there is no roaming add-on that you can purchase to use while you are in Hong Kong

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.