cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call to china not connecting from one of my phones

foxman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I use an old Iphone SE and I recently purchased the add-on to make calls to China. However when trying to make a call with this phone, after a couple rings the it would hang up automatically. Later I tried using my husbands Galaxy S10E and was able to make the call with no issues. What could be causing the issue with my iphone?

5 REPLIES 5

@foxman wrote:

I am able to call China with my sim card using my husbands phone. My phone doesn't appear to be adding a 1 when I dial the number. Trying to look through the settings.

For china you need to prefix either

011 86 ...

or

+86 ... (make sure it's +86, not 1 or +1)

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@foxman wrote:

I am able to call China with my sim card using my husbands phone. My phone doesn't appear to be adding a 1 when I dial the number. Trying to look through the settings.

Do a network reset on your phone.

Try dialing the number manually.

To call China from Canada, dial:

011 - 86 - Area Code - Land Phone Number

011 - 86 - 11 Digit Mobile Number

1. 011 - Exit code for Canada, and is needed for making any international call from Canada.
  2. 86 - ISD Code or Country Code of China.
  3. Area code - There are 346 area codes in China.

foxman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@foxman wrote:

Hi, I use an old Iphone SE and I recently purchased the add-on to make calls to China. However when trying to make a call with this phone, after a couple rings the it would hang up automatically. Later I tried using my husbands Galaxy S10E and was able to make the call with no issues. What could be causing the issue with my iphone?

I would try your SIM card in the S10e to see if this is an account issue or a phone issue. 

If it's a phone issue, this could be a matter of the way the number is being dialed. Some phones have settings that automatically add a 1 in front of all dialed numbers. This could cause problems for numbers for which that shouldn't be dialed.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@foxman wrote:

Maybe try resetting your network settings. Dial the number manually. 

Did you put your SIM card in your husbands phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.