cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete port

mythiciam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported over from virgin. Data, outgoing texts and outgoing calls work. Incoming calls and texts do NOT work. I received the text from Virgin and confirmed with a YES that I want to port my number out.  Now I seem to be stuck in limbo. How can I restart the porting process or completely finish the porting process so everything works as it should?

4 REPLIES 4

Meg7676
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a similar issue porting over from Virgin.  Don't bother with the "live chat" agent, they can't help.  I found that out the hard way, after waiting online yesterday for almost 3 hours

I finally had success by launching a "ticket", as I was 99% certain my issue was due to the Esim failing to activate. I would get a message on my phone "Unable to activate Esim. You can try again, or contact your carrier for assistance"

My suggestion is to launch a ticket- please note it took me 2 or 3 times to actually get a ticket submitted, but I think this is the quickest way to reach a tech support agent.  The porting agents can not help you with tech issues

I also tried emailing CS support and never got a response

here is how to submit ticket with agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket

@mythiciam 

that message I sent you had the phone number for you to call for port assistance.  If it's not working, here's a link to message Customer Support. (There are no traditional "live or contact center" numbers to call...everything is done on line and in the Community Forum)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mythiciam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried that twice, it won't work for me. Keeps trying to send me a text for telus support. Cannot speak to a live agent

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mythiciam 

click on the highlighted envelop icon on top right side of this page..I sent you a message with a number to call for port help.

Need Help? Let's chat.