cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Port? Receiving calls on both old and new.

bhadfield
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I bought a new phone and I registered and installed my sim a couple of days ago.

Yesterday I ported my old number from Bell mobility with reported success; both calls and data work on my new device. 

However, On my new phone (Public Mobile) I can send text messages but I can't recieve.

Text messages are still going to my old phone (Bell). Phone calls are ringing on both phones (Bell AND Public Mobile).

Suggestions?

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That was pretty nice of Telus, never heard of that before lol

bhadfield

Didn't say I was happy.

Thanks

Wa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
So you are happy now. I just have one more request,there are lots of people who are facing the same issue just help them. Thanks for your patience and understanding

bhadfield

Resolved. 

So Telus is not able to port out your number from Bell but they are very nice and called the Porting Department at Public Mobile. It took a while for them to get through but they kept trying and then called me back and connected me with a real live person at Public Mobile. That person was also very nice and they sent the Port Request to Bell. That was a couple of hours ago and everything is working now.

Wa
Just try it. yesterday I called freedom mobile they told me that they got a request of porting from Telus for for public mobile just try it maybe you can get some help

bhadfield

Ok. Let me get this straight. You are saying that I, as a non-Telus customer, whose particulars they can not validate, can call them up and ask them to port out a number from another carrier? That seems far fetched. Does Telus support have access to the Public Mobile account information just because they are the parent company?

I'm just trying to confirm - I can't find any evidence of others solving the problem by calling Telus to port out a Bell number. Can you confirm? Can anyone cite a similar experience?

Wa
Try the Telus part I am sure they should be able to help you

bhadfield

That seems a little ubsurd. At this point if I can get public mobile to back off I will go to another provider and ask for a refund from PM.

bhadfield

It is.

Wa
If your sim is active then call Telus ask them to port out your number from bell. I think they should be able to help you out.

Wa
Ok can you please confirm that your pm sim is active?

bhadfield

I contacted Bell and they said that no Port Out request has been received. They said contact the service provider and have them send the request.

It's not actually a gamble but it might be time consuming to get activated (I have personally activated 4 with port-ins without issue). Once activated, cellular service is on par with other carriers; service outages from "bugs" few and far between. Each of us should calculate how much "pain" is tolerable to get a better price for equivalent telephone services; including of course no call centre.

There is plenty of information in this forum to address many potential customers' concerns. But as the adage says "you can bring water to the horse, but cannot make him drink.". To wit, here's three of my favourite:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/SECURITY-OF-SERVICE/m-p/23214#M4783

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

In any case, welcome. You are the guinea pig for your friends. Robot wink

Trust it won't be much longer before you are fully aboard.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bhadfield

This sounds like a situation where I will end up with a public mobile phone that doesn't work and will no longer have access to my old account. Most of what I have experienced so far tells me that every move with PM is a gamble. Public Mobile seems to be woefully uprepared to support their promotion from November and the effects resonate on into December. I've also seen a number of people struggling to get refunds, while instead being offered pro-rated start dates. I wonder if this violates the CRTC wireless code as it relates to consumer rights and the stipulated trial period? Not an expert just wondering. I hope this resolves soon and appropriately. 

We had planned for others of my family to enjoy the savings of Public Mobile, but after my experience of the last few days I would have to say the the risk outwieghs the benefits. I realize that my trials are minor compared to the others I have read in this community, but they are still unsettling at best.

Thanks for joining in with your help. I will contact Bell and hope that in the next couple of days I still have working cellular service. Not holding my breath...

Wa
Hello Good morning just call bell and ask them about your port out request from Public Mobile . They should be able to tell you the current situation of porting. And If it's not ported yet completely I think you can ask them for port out your number to Public mobile. But make sure your services with Public Mobile is active

Somehow your port-in from Bell has stalled. A moderator has already been tagged and one will respond in due course. Might be several days. Robot Sad

If you are unable to log into your account, some people have found this procedure helpful:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p....

If your Bell SIM can still send calls, as well as receive, just use it until the port-in finishes. Do not cancel your Belll account.

Let us know if you lose service altogether.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bhadfield

Hi,

As of this morning I can no longer recieve calls on my Public Mobile phone. Calls are routed to my old phone/account/sim.

I can still call out on my Public Mobile sim.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I had a similar situation when i ported but it only lasted a little while as things were switching over.  There are many mods on today I saw so lets tag @Mary_M and see if she is around and can see what is going on

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.