cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming texts don't work following US add-on expiry

tesla519
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My incoming texts stopped working after I came back from the US and after my US add-on expired. I read that a number of people had this issue.

I am able to send texts, as well send/receive calls. It is only incoming texts that I am not receiving. I've tried with multiple numbers texting me and haven't received any of the texts.

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

Having the US addon does affect SMS for some strange reason.  Apparently, the problem self corrects a few days later.  It is best to contact the moderator team as suggested and get things corrected right away.

@will13am FYI the reason is that the US Roaming Texting add-on does not immediately remove itself correctly from  your account upon expiry at the end of the 10 days.  It can take 12-24 hours for it to do so.  This is why the situation self-corrects within 12-24 hours (not a few days FYI).

@tesla519 if the situation hasn't corrected itself, do as @mtfolks suggested and contact the modertor team. They are aware of this issue, and can correct it right away for you (by manually removing the expired add-on from the back end directly).

For more info contacting them, please see below:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Having the US addon does affect SMS for some strange reason.  Apparently, the problem self corrects a few days later.  It is best to contact the moderator team as suggested and get things corrected right away.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Weird. Someone else may have an alternate solution. I’d recommend DMing the moderators with your account details and PIN code in the meantime so they can look into it on their end.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

tesla519
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I tried restarting the phone a few times and no help. 

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you tried restarting your phone to see if that fixes the issue?

Need Help? Let's chat.