Incoming calls not working

Jundalcoffee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i just activated new SIM card.

i can call but can’t receive any calls

please help thank you

5 REPLIES 5

@kpaus wrote:

Can you message me this number! I'm having the same issue, forgot that the old number was "parked" before starting the port, everything working except the incoming calls. 

Thanks in advance!

@kpaus  you can also submit a ticket with CSA to help with porting....submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Since you asked I will private message you the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

kpaus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you message me this number! I'm having the same issue, forgot that the old number was "parked" before starting the port, everything working except the incoming calls. 

Thanks in advance!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jundalcoffee   you requested porting into your old number?

did you reply to a text from your old provider?  and did you reply within 90 mins?

there is porting team you can call and ask them to confirm the status of the porting.  I will message you the number.  Check your Community inbox on the top right

Did you request a number port? The old carrier's SIM card should be used because call will keep going there until porting is complete.  You also need to reply to a text message that will only be received if you are still use.the old.carrier's SIM card.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jundalcoffee hi did you port your number from another provider? if you did you need to leave your old sim in your phone to reply yes to transfer text you have 90 minutes to reply, I will send you the number to call to reinitiate request ,check your community envelope top right of page 

Need Help? Let's chat.