cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Messages (Outside Canada)

Shafay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm outside Canada at the moment and have a Public Mobile sim under my name, I was wondering if I can still receive messages on my phone internationally.

P.S, Under my plan, it says I have unlimited international text on top of which I also have a 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus (Not sure what is LD here).

12 REPLIES 12

@Shafay 

ok if there is very important about this SMS you want to get it. an option is if you have someone in canada can be buying new SIM card and from your end you will switch the SIM online by login to your account, from old SIM to new one and the new SIM will be have service in canada, then you will chat with that person to given you that code.
and when you be back to canada you will get new SIM card to insert in your device.

another way to getting by email or received by whatsapp text,

because the paypal is going to other location country 

also go to use webiste

paypal.com/ca/home

Shafay

I'm here on a visit to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes and unfortunately due to the phasing out of 3G in the US the add on is spotty at best. You will have to try and get the code via email or get a local prepaid sim or voip app and then change your paypal # which will prob be a pain with security protocol

@Shafay 

which country are you now.

Shafay

No, only by SMS 😔

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Nope. You can get SMS in US without US add-on but will not be able to send any. Outside of this island - no.

@Shafay wrote:

What's the most vaible/affordable way I can receive a one-time code on my PM number? it's only for PayPal.

@Shafay   You can't. 

Can Paypal send you the code via email?

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yes only while in Canada can you send and receive text  and call with the 500 free minutes

Shafay

What's the most vaible/affordable way I can receive a one-time code on my PM number? it's only for PayPal.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As long as you have active service you will receive all incoming texts in the US (and Canada) at no extra cost. Anywhere else you won't have service.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shafay Hi that is only while in Canada 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shafay   Sorry, you won't receive message when you are away. 

When you are outside of Canada, you need Roaming service.  PM only offer roaming service for USA and you need to buy roaming add-on

The  unlimited international text included in the plan  is for you to SEND text from Canada when you are on PM network to anyone else in the world

The 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus  is for you to call FROM Canada to selected other countries

Again, those text and LD are not to be used when you are away from Canada

Need Help? Let's chat.