cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Calls are not being received

vanu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently joined Public Mobile, everything is working fine except incoming calls. Whenever someone tries to call me the call does not go through and it does not even ring. What is the solution for this? 

Thanks a lot ! 

12 REPLIES 12

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

We've replied to your message @cmnw1976! Please check your inbox.

Thank you,

Syed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmnw1976 wrote:

I restarted my phone took out the sim card but I haven't tried a new number yet should I do that.  I have chosen one of the ones that was given to me to begin with . V

Thanks 

Crystal

It was one of the suggestions in this thread. If you arrived here and picked a new number from their list then unless you really like the number you picked then it's worth the try.

It's a problem if you ported over from another provider.

cmnw1976
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I restarted my phone took out the sim card but I haven't tried a new number yet should I do that.  I have chosen one of the ones that was given to me to begin with . V

Thanks 

Crystal

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmnw1976 wrote:

I'm having the same problem

Thanks Crystal

@cmnw1976

Well...you made it to this thread. Now...did you read it and try some of the suggestions?

Restart. Or switch number again (if you chose a new number). If ported in then it's not really the same problem.

cmnw1976
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same problem

Thanks Crystal

vanu

thank you i changed the phone numbers now evrythings is working.thanks for help.

@vanu

IF that is the case of a new number, have you tried re-booting your phone?  Remove and replace the SIM card again? 

IF still not working, you will need to contact moderators.  Wait time more than 24 hours to respond unfortunatley.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  First come, First service.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

vanu

I didnt transfer any phone number.this phone number is new.system picked phone number.

@vanu wrote:

I recently joined Public Mobile, everything is working fine except incoming calls. Whenever someone tries to call me the call does not go through and it does not even ring. What is the solution for this? 

Thanks a lot ! 

If you have asked Public Moible to transfer in a phone number, try using the sim card from your old carrier.  Your calls are probably stil going there.

The solution could range from just simply waiting a few hours or needing to contact the moderators to have them resubmit another request, but the second time double-checking to see if the older carrier's account number is correct.  If after after a few hours things aren't complete, you can contact Public Mobile customer service by sending a private message to Moderator_Team.

Usually when you porting into public mobile, you can check if your old provider still has incoming call going to older provider.  If yes, port is not finished.  

If old provider doesnt have incoming call, then wait few hours and see if comes through.  

If still no service, its port is failed port in.  Only public mobile moderator can fix it.

thirstyturtle18
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was just about to mention the same thing. My port took about 4 hours to go through before I could receive incomming calls. If you still don't have incomming calls by the morning, I suggest contacting the mods to see what is holding the port up. Do not cancel your old number/account with the previous provider until this is fixed.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I assume you ported your old number? Have you tried putting your old sim card in the phone and trying to recieve a call? This would tell us if your port is incomplete.

How long ago did you port your number?

Can you recieve text messages?

Need Help? Let's chat.