cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Calls Issue

Jrey1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I ported my number on Saturday and everything was working fine until someone told me today that calls were going straight to voicemail. I ported my number by saying "YES" to the text message and everything seems to be working with text, data, and outgoing calls. I even get incoming calls from some of my contacts. But other contacts go straight to voicemail. What should I do? 

5 REPLIES 5

@Jrey1  Awesome happy to hear it and welcome to public mobile 

Jrey1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I just wanted to share an update after trying to resolve this issue for the past 2 hours.

The port didn't actually go through even though i replied YES to the text message. Must've been some one off issue. But I called into the Port number that Handy1 provided, and they were very helpful in confirming that my number wasn't ported. they sent another port request, and if I still had a functioning SIM card, I would be able to reply YES again to get the number cancelled. I didn't, so I had to call into my previous carrier and do a manual override. I see now on my account that I have no active lines. 

MORAL OF THE STORY:

-do not throw away your SIM cards unless you are 100% sure that the number is ported
-double check on your account that your previous lines were cancelled

Thank you for your help everyone. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jrey1 

You can reach out to a CS Agent via this link and they can reset your network.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you're experiencing issues with incoming calls going straight to voicemail after porting your number, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Restart Your Phone: Sometimes, simply restarting your device can resolve network-related issues.

2. Check Call Forwarding Settings: Ensure that call forwarding is not accidentally enabled for certain contacts or in certain situations.

3. Check Do Not Disturb Mode: If your phone is set to Do Not Disturb, calls from numbers not in your favorites or repeated calls may go directly to voicemail.

4. Contact Customer Service: Since you've already successfully ported your number and some functions are working, this might be a specific issue with your account or with the network. Reach out to Public Mobile's customer service through their online portal or community forum.

5. Network Settings Reset: Sometimes resetting your network settings can resolve issues related to connectivity and calls. This can usually be done through the settings menu on your phone.

6. Check for Carrier Updates: Ensure your phone has the latest carrier settings updates for Public Mobile.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jrey1  Sounds like port didn’t complete successfully, no worries I’ll private message you the porting team number and they can give status update on the port or retrigger it if needed 

Need Help? Let's chat.