cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive phone for 4 months, trying to add service plan and no luck

Hhoard2006
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I haven’t used my phone since May which was the last time I was visiting Canada. I just turned it back on to add a service plan because I will be back in Canada for a month and I’m getting error messages saying my SIM card is invalid and it’s also not recognizing my email. Is there something I’m missing? I had assumed I could just buy another plan and would be good to go...any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Hhoard2006 wrote:

I haven’t used my phone since May which was the last time I was visiting Canada. I just turned it back on to add a service plan because I will be back in Canada for a month and I’m getting error messages saying my SIM card is invalid and it’s also not recognizing my email. Is there something I’m missing? I had assumed I could just buy another plan and would be good to go...any help would be appreciated

If you will be visiting Canada on a regular basis, the only option is to purchase maybe the $10 plan before the 90 days are up. This will give you another 30 day cycle and another 90 days after that before it expires again and you lose your number.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Hhoard2006 Since your account was expired/suspended for more than 90 days, you cannot activate that account again. You will need to purchase a new sim card and activate a new account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.