cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Toronto and calling a 647 area code number

Chesterfield
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @CS_Agent or anyone who can help,

I get a voice prompt saying that my call can't be completed and I don't have a long distance add-on.  However, I am in Mississauga trying to call the 647 number.  I do have unlimited provincial talk so I'm not sure what the issue could be.

9 REPLIES 9

I had a similar issue calling a known local number in a different area code last year.  It was such a new exchange, calling rules had not been updated yet.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NemoPM wrote:

Hey @imm1304

I did send a PM to the team more than an hour ago, nothing back yet unfortunatley. 

Just wanted to be sure that you did send the private message.  The mods are supposed to be working until 9pm Eastern time so I hope they will take care of you soon.  Hang in there.  

NemoPM

Hey @imm1304

I did send a PM to the team more than an hour ago, nothing back yet unfortunatley. 

imm1304

Hey @NemoPM,

Please send a private message to the @CS_Agent with your public mobile phone number and PIN right away.

It sounds like the plan renewal encountered some issue and you will need a moderator to take a look and sort it out.  

NemoPM

I have the same problem, but in Calgary. I have canada wide calling and text, with data. I cant call any local numbers or any long distance numbers. Data is also locked for me. My plan renewed over night, auto pay went through fine, and nothing today. No working phone. This seems to be some kind of issue on Public Mobiles side. @CS_Agent Come now, give us something on this...

Chesterfield

Hi @Luddite

The call disconnects.  It tells me I don't have a long distance plan.  I think the message you are referring to is the one where it says it is a long distance call and they will attempt to connect you.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Chesterfield wrote:

Hi @CS_Agent or anyone who can help,

I get a voice prompt saying that my call can't be completed and I don't have a long distance add-on.  However, I am in Mississauga trying to call the 647 number.  I do have unlimited provincial talk so I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Ignore the message and see if the call goes through. If it does there will be no charge; I get that message too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Chesterfield

Hey @imm1304,

I tried that too and it didn't work.  I'll PM the @CS_Agent

Thanks

imm1304

Hey @Chesterfield,

It doesn't sound right.  Try dialing +1647xxx-xxxx 

If the problem is persistent, send a private message to the mods at @CS_Agent and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and have the mods take a look.  

Need Help? Let's chat.