cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improved $15 plan

dabr
Mayor / Maire

So just wanted to say thanks to Public Mobile for the new and improved $15 plan with  unlimited incoming minutes now being included in additon to 100 Canada wide outgoing mins. 

But was wondering why there is no official announcement (that I've seen)...I'm sure there are many customers here who probably don't always check on a regualr basis as to what has changed or not in the community or home pages and will probably not update their existing plan because of this.

Anyway, hoping PM will make an official announcement of this soon especially since it's a time limited special offering.

19 REPLIES 19

Carseldine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for that clarification, @dabr! Will do that now.

@Carseldine wrote:

So can I safely assume that my current $15 plan has been automatically updated to include unlimited incoming calls, even if this detail doesn't show in the account info for now?

No if you are on the old $15 plan, then you need to facilitate a change to the new $15 plan.  Log into your account and select change plan, select current $15 plan.  You can opt to future date to this plan at this point and then you will get the unlimited incoming minutes feature once it's renewed.

Carseldine

So can I safely assume that my current $15 plan has been automatically updated to include unlimited incoming calls, even if this detail doesn't show in the account info for now?

@zfx wrote:

@

Thank you @Alan_K for clarifying this. I have recently switched to this $15 plan but didn't see any unlimited minutes indicated in the description under the plan change page. Will try switching again today to see if there is any changes!

[Update]

No, still not showing the unlimited minutes change as below:

Annotation 2019-05-05 183003.jpg

As you know, it's been confirmed that Public Mobile knows about this.  However, the plan details really could say anything there.  What matter is how the billing system handles the incoming calls.  Some people have already taken this new version of the $15 plan and have confirmed that the unlimited incoming works.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@meem wrote:

website updated

2.JPG

Have you tried what @Anonymous  has suggested?  For some reason the unlimited incoming isn't being displayed in account details, but you will still get that feature.

meem

website updated

2.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@meem wrote:

just a snap from my recent usage history. wait for 30 days to see if incoming calls is unlimited.

Log in to your self-serve and take note of the 100 minutes counter lower down in the data & add-ons area.

Call the cell number of this account from another phone and answer it.

Refresh the overview page.

Does the counter change? It might.

Hang up the call.

Refresh the overview page.

Does the counter change? It might. Back to where it was when you first looked at it.

That detailed usage list is just a detailed log of all your activity in/out of the account. It's the overview counters that matter.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@zfx wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@DrTrollington wrote:

Can we have a mod answer on the unlimited incoming calls?

They may have to honor it for those that tried to sign up due to Canadian advertising law but not 100% on that.

Yes moderator @Alan_K  has confirmed that the new $15 plan has unlimited incoming minutes in another thread.  However, for some reason it doesn't show the unlimited feature in account details for now.  I'm not sure why this hasn't been fixed.

Unfortunately, It doesn't show in the plan details page at the moment - thanks for flagging. I've asked for it to be included to my team. Smiley Happy

Thank you @Alan_K for clarifying this. I have recently switched to this $15 plan but didn't see any unlimited minutes indicated in the description under the plan change page. Will try switching again today to see if there is any changes!

[Update]

You're right your account still doesn't show the unlimited incoming minutes from your screen shot, hopefully they get it fixed soon. However, you will still get the unlimited incoming regardless of whether it's showing in the account details if you've updated to the new $15 plan.

meem

just a snap from my recent usage history. wait for 30 days to see if incoming calls is unlimited.

11.JPG

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alan_K wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@DrTrollington wrote:

They may have to honor it for those that tried to sign up due to Canadian advertising law but not 100% on that.

Yes moderator @Alan_K  has confirmed that the new $15 plan has unlimited incoming minutes in another thread.  However, for some reason it doesn't show the unlimited feature in account details for now.  I'm not sure why this hasn't been fixed.

Unfortunately, It doesn't show in the plan details page at the moment - thanks for flagging. I've asked for it to be included to my team. Smiley Happy

[Update]

@MoreYummy wrote:

Nice plan changed.     many are waiting for this little change.  Smiley LOL

You can thank that other carrier for this change.

Nice plan changed.     many are waiting for this little change.  Smiley LOL

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr wrote:

@DrTrollington wrote:

@DrTrollington wrote:

DrTrollington

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr My future dated plan change to this $15 now shows the "normal" plan. Time will tell whether this was a premature offer, or a bogus offering. It is still showing on the Plans page. 

Either way, we should just chalk it up to another PM quirk. Robot Frustrated

Yes I noticed that too but wondered if it's just another glitch since the old plan was available until it wasn't!  Anyway wouldn't PM have to honour what they're showing as available at least?

@dabr My future dated plan change to this $15 now shows the "normal" plan. Time will tell whether this was a premature offer, or a bogus offering. It is still showing on the Plans page. 

Either way, we should just chalk it up to another PM quirk. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@will13am wrote:

Plan offering changes are not always announced.  I would curb the enthusiam for this unlimited incoming calling feature for now.  It has been reported that once the plan is added to the account, the unlimited incoming feature no longer shows as a plan feature.  It has not been positively confirmed that incoming calls are not being metered against the 100 minutes. 

Since mine is future dated plan I can't say, it would be interesting to know if someone has just signed up with it to see how the incoming calls are being treated though.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Plan offering changes are not always announced.  I would curb the enthusiam for this unlimited incoming calling feature for now.  It has been reported that once the plan is added to the account, the unlimited incoming feature no longer shows as a plan feature.  It has not been positively confirmed that incoming calls are not being metered against the 100 minutes. 

Need Help? Let's chat.