cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I exceed 250 MB at 3G speed is it true that Your data services will stop working?

whereismyphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The support bot told me this. I just want to confirm this is 1000% accurate to not get hit with overages by accident. Thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11

True, no "overages" @Chipster 

However make sure the kiddos aren't responding "YES" to any upgrade offers they may receive via SMS which will move them to the $40 15GB plan on the next renewal.

Many folks have found this out the hard way when they noticed their next credit card charge was more than anticipated and needed to have a chat with the device user. 

Chipster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You CANNOT be charged for overages 👏!!! Your data plan will just stop until the next renewal.

My family and I been with PM for 6 years. Having 2 teenage children and NO FEAR of overages was one of the top decisions of why we went with PM. Nationwide coverage, cost/benefit, NO overages is what sold me 😀.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Even when your data has been completely consumed, and Internet access ceases to work -- you can continue send and receive unlimited MMS (Picture/video) messages with "data on". Tested myself. 😛

Double or nothing, @whereismyphone 

At Public Mobile there are NEVER, EVER any surprise charges for any overages or extras or exceeding anything.

2000% sure on this one !!!  

The way this model works (and all pre-paid) is you PRE pay for everything you have access to for the period purchased.

Once any limits are reached from the particulars of the plan, they just STOP.   They never continue with additional or surprise charges.

@whereismyphone  And welcome to public mobile 🙂

@whereismyphone 

your PM acct is a pre-paid service...which means you only get what you pre-pay to get.

Unlike other cell networks of the past...you'll never get a bill for any overages here. You must pre-pay or it doesn't work. No problema.

whereismyphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone. Me being overly paranoid but need to be 1001% sure. Thank you. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@whereismyphone 

normally, if you reach your regular plan data limit..the data will just stop working until next renewal or you get a data add-on.

If you were able to take advantage of the More Is Merrier free gift of data, it'll take over as soon as your regular plan data reaches the limit (250MB's).

Have a look at your acct to see if you have any data add-on available to you.

refresh.jpgplan.jpg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@whereismyphone one good thing for PM is that it is a prepaid provider.   You paid before you use the service, No overage charge , no surprise billing.

So, data will stop once yiu used up the 250 MB data

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@whereismyphone YES  You cannot go over no surprise bill it’s pre paid service , you can only use why you have already paid for 

Need Help? Let's chat.