cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to cancel and get a refund.

AsifAbedin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got Public Mobile last night because of the $34 dollar 40 gb plan and tried switching over from Freedom Mobile. I only got the port over request once and I replied immediately, and said it would take maybe up to 5 hours. I called Freedom this morning and asked if the number has been ported over before I cancel their service and they said it has not been requested and to notify my new carrier. Since then I have submitted 2 tickets and no response. I have not used Public Mobile service and I paid last night with my credit card. Please someone reach out to me.

21 REPLIES 21

AsifAbedin

Thanks😎

@AsifAbedin  We happy to hear it all worked out for you and welcome to public mobile 🙂

AsifAbedin

yes, I was able to get the support I needed in the end and am staying with Public Mobile. I think the person I was speaking to knew how frustrating it was getting and was very kind in private messages. The number they gave me was useless in the end since I waited 40 minutes and the person in private message told me to just hang up since I would no longer need to talk to the porting team.

@AsifAbedin   Any progress since the dialing sound?  I activated with a physical sim which was very straightforward, I know e-sim seems to cause more problems.  I have no experience with them so if it doesn't seem to be working you'll need to get customer service involved again unless someone else on the forum can make a suggestion.

AsifAbedin

hmm so its kind of strange around 26 mins in the music stopped and now its been the dialing sound for the last 6 minutes.

@AsifAbedin  "with PM it's a esim so no need to remove my old one but sure I can."  Just to clarify, Freedom will send their port authorization request to your Freedom number, so your Freedom number still needs to be active in the phone, or a phone, to receive the port request.

AsifAbedin

Thank you, I will send a formal complaint depending on how this interaction with the telus porting team goes. If I can port seamlessly then I have no more issues and can go ahead and cancel with my old provider.

AsifAbedin

with PM it's a esim so no need to remove my old one but sure I can. Also they gave me a Telus customer service number in my private messages so I'm on the phone with them now waiting to speak with someone. Hopefully they can port it and I can cancel freedom, and never have an issue with PM again.

@AsifAbedin  You still have the Freedom sim in the phone to receive their port request but you haven't got it yet?  From my experience PM doesn't tell you when the port is complete, you find out when your previous sim no longer works, then put the PM sim in the phone and reboot and it should be good to go. 

AsifAbedin

Hi Phil, yea I’m willing to give them a chance but still waiting for the porting request. The private message I received they said they already requested about half an hour ago but still no text to confirm the porting over.

@ottawa   I was thinking that but no point if @AsifAbedin is still determined to cancel.  Any request for a refund would have to go through the PM customer service private message system rather than the porting team.  If @AsifAbedin decides to give PM a go I can private message the porting team phone number.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wouldn't this be a porting issue where phoning is an option? Never done it but see lots of posts about it.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@AsifAbedin   Customer service agents are available from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST so if you submitted your tickets this morning after calling Freedom they haven't had much time to get back to you   Your problem should be an easy fix for them if you could just wait a little longer.

TheBlackCat

If customer service is unable or refuses to issue you a refund you can request a chargeback or you could file a complaint with the CCTS (Canadian Commission for Complaints of Telecom-television Services):

File a Complaint About a Cell Phone Or Mobile Company (ccts-cprst.ca)

Consumers have had success in getting telcos to reimburse them by filing a complaint.

@AsifAbedin  You can . But requesting a.charge back . But that’s only if you don’t ever wish to use public mobile again 

AsifAbedin

Can I not just cancel it through my bank?

AsifAbedin

I am using an esim for Public Mobile but still have my physical sim from Freedom in my phone or else I would have no service

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@AsifAbedin  Are you using esim or physical sim on Public Mobile?  If physical sim, what happens when you put it in your phone?

AsifAbedin

Hi esjliv, Yes I have responded YES to the port over request, I guess I'm more disappointed with the lack of service from any agent and the response I did get 2 hours ago for a ticket I made last night was, what is your pin and I responded immediately and since then no response.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 seems like OP already submitted 2 tickets, so they made connection with CSA.

@AsifAbedin - make sure not to cancel your FREEDOM account or you will not be able to port over to Public Mobile.

You are only supposed to reply YES once to the FREEDOM port request, is that what you did? Wait for a response from your tickets for help. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AsifAbedin  Sorry PM is pre paid and no refunds . Best to use it until a few days before your cycle ends . But here’s a direct link to support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.