cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I transfer number last Thursday but still use temporarily number

katiechen1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can someone help it.

i transfer number in public mobile last Thursday but till now i still use temporarily number , can someone help change.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@katiechen1 - do you recall receiving the SMS port request from the old provider on the old SIM card? You'll need to do that to complete the port. If you missed the text, try submitting a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

OR, go through your My Account to request the port again.

Is your old provider's account still active? It needs to be active to port over (unless from Telus or Koodo perhaps). 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

To be clear, @katiechen1 , were you wanting to "port" (transfer) your number which was with another provider?

If so, did you not reply "yes" to the port authorization request upon activating here, or were you moving here from Koodo pre-paid?

Either way, I'll send you a number to help with porting, which may be able to assist.  Make sure to have your prior mobile provider name and account number on hand before calling the number.

To get the number, check your private message box by tapping your avatar upper right and going down to "Messages" (if on mobile), or if on desktop, the envelope icon to the left of your avatar.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Just adding my 2 cents.

As a trial and error scenario, place your old carriers SIM card back in your phone. Make a call and see if it still works. If so, then the port didn't go through and you didn't reply to their text message asking permission to port. Call 611 on your old carriers SIM card and ask if there is a port request from Public Mobile on file. If there is, then ask for them to continue and if a confirmation text is required then please send it again. 

I'd start with that myself.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@katiechen1  Are you able to receive calls ? If so you probably just need support to re provision the sim for you . If you can receive calls it a porting issue and I can send you a number for for live support to re trigger the port request for you . Will send private message . As we not allowed to post it here 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.