cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I still have not gotten my SIM !! I do not know why ??

Zifeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I applied for SIM on December 31 2023,  the info from public mobile says "Your SIM card is on its way and will be shipped within 2 business days. "  Four business days have passed, there is no any card I receive. I am eager to know why ??   I canceled my previous card, I cannot wait for the public mobile card.  Anyone can help ?   Thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11

Zifeng

That sonds good.  Thanks very much for your suggestions.

sam01

@Zifeng If your phone is eSIM compatible I recommend going that route, I got my SIM activated immediately and switched over from my old carrier so I’m not paying double or overlapping.

If you need a sim ASAP and is ok with paying the $10, you can pop in to any Telus store and they can help you get a SIM. You still need to activate it yourself on the app or website 

@Zifeng  To transfer a phone number requires that the account with the old service provider is still active (if it was Telus or Koodo there may be a way around that).   Is your previous account definitely not working?  

Zifeng

OK, hopefully, next week I will get it. Thanks very much for your reply.

Zifeng

Yes, I am planning to transfer your number to Public Mobile 😓. I am a newcommer, there are many things I am not familar.😭

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

SIM usually arrives within 5-10 business days. If unlucky way longer, or never. It is send by regular mail so tracking is not possible.

IF you do not receive it within next week (maybe two?) contact agent for replacement.

Zifeng

For now, I cannot do anything except for waiting.It's too hard for me. Anyway,  I greatly appreciate your kind reply.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Zifeng   If you ordered it on 31st it likely wasn't shipped until the 2nd at the earliest, which is only 3 business days.    It comes by Canada Post.  If you already canceled your previous account with another provider hopefully you were not planning to transfer your number to Public Mobile.

@Zifeng  Yes and the site says be shipped in 2 business days and should arrive within 10 business day and you order it in dec 31 we’ll jan 1 holiday too so you should see it next week is my guess 

adding @Zifeng !check you email for the sim purchase it should show the excepted delivery date mine said Jan 4th and it arrived yesterday right on time 

Zifeng

I understand why you got your card so late. That's because there is a holiday, they might be not business days. But the business days have begun since Jan 2,  so I cannot understand why.  They said the card will be shipped within 2 business days, unfortuntely, this does not happen. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Zifeng  You should see it shortly i just order one before x mas and got it yesterday also note 

SIM. Card can take up to 3 weeks to arrive .if you need one sooner try calling local Telus Koodo stores for in person pick up or order from Amazon .otherwise reach out to support for a status up date for when it shipped and when you can expect it . Or if you can get a credit for buying a new SIM card .message support directly while your already here and logged in the community you can send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.