cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased a U.S. roaming add-on twice in error

cdeteves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a U.S. $15 add-on but it didn’t appear to go through so I did it again and it went through twice, how can I reverse the duplicate one, as I am now paying double for it🥺

15 REPLIES 15

Drep

Thanks for the info!  Yes, I have reached out and have been compensated all within this evening.   Great and easy service! 

@Drep   for future reference, you can download VoIP app TextNow to make free calls and text using data or Wifi

for your experience with voice, you can try to open ticket with PM Support, they might compensate based on your experience. 

Drep

Well that was just so easy to purchase the add on... I did not add funds first before purchasing but rather after I had selected what I wanted to add on.   You are right about the calling feature... I did not have access to that and couldn’t make calls it seemed but my data worked great!  Thankfully all my contacts use iPhones or WhatsApp and I was able to still use my data to contact people.   Wouldn’t have worked well if I needed to make calls to land lines though. 

@Drep-tl;dr: the problem is in doubling up talk and then the re-buy.

You can only buy the same one once. But then there's a problem with doubling up talk via the two bundles. That becomes a functioning problem. It's also possible that the currently active add-on might show up again on the last day ie. it shows as 1/15 in the add-ons list but shows as available to buy. This seems to be wrong. Then at the exact time of 360 hours after purchase, it will go to 0/15. Then it hangs around like that with the service not working until about 12 hours later. I think this is the time to wait to re-buy it yourself. It has always been said to wait a full 24 hours. I'm not convinced of that. But nor have I tested that or heard about. Most people don't like testing these things. They just want uninterrupted service.

When the add-on goes to 0/15 THEN you can buy the OTHER bundle. Otherwise you can also ask support to re-buy whatever you need at any time.

When you go be aware that talk is the functioning problem. The phone needs to be able to drop down to 2G and T-Mobile needs to have that as coverage where you are. This varies greatly as 2G is very old now.

You should be fine with data and text as long as you're in a coverage area.

Phew. 🙂

@Drep   you would not be able to buy the EXACT same on until the 15 days is over and you also need a 24 hours wait after that 15 days expiry

But if you get Talk and Text let say today, you can buy a different one (a data) add on any time , not affected by the 15 days from the Talk and Text roaming you just got

Drep

I Just read that You can only purchase US add on once at a time.   So if you added a call and text plan for 15 days you could not purchase another one until the 15 days are up.   So perhaps the system needs a little time to sort out on their end to rectify the error that may have happened.   I’m hoping you only added on enough funds to cover your add on aswell (but likely not I imagine).   Good luck!  

Thanks for the heads up on this as I’m about to purchase one this week also.   

I'm with the above. After purchase, one can't buy the same add-on until close to and after expiry. So I think you were a victim of the awful caching the site does. Do you have a balance in your account as asked?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cdeteves - is the Roaming addon really listed twice in your My Account?

esjliv_0-1675256565571.png

If the addon is only there once, and you see the extra $'s into your Available Funds area then those extra $'s will be used up on future renewals or can be used for other purchases. So you can leave the funds there rather than going through the process of a refund request.

Otherwise, if you do see the same Roaming addon there twice in error, see other posts to contact a CSA. They may just offer to remove to addon and add the funds to our Available Funds area (which is just a as good as a refund if these funds will be used soon anyhow)

@cdeteves 

No worries

cdeteves

Thanks so much for your help, hopefully I can sort this out, I should have been more patient waiting for the first try to activate🙄

@cdeteves 

I forgot to add that their hours are 6:00am to 10:00pm EST but contact them and they will get back to you by private messaging 

cdeteves

Thanks so much🙂

cdeteves

Thank you kindly🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cdeteves 

Yes you can, just inform a CS_Agent that you accidentally purchased a 2 Roaming Add-on by mistake and would like a refund for the second purchase.

Just create a ticket through SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above.

They are pretty understanding.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @cdeteves 

open a ticket with SIMon Chatboth

typ: Agent
and Click, Contact Us
then Click, Other
and, Click here to submit a ticket.

or send a private message to CS_Agent
here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.