cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) yesterday but it's still not active??

pancakes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On March 1st, I purchased the following Add-On Plan - you can see this item under the transaction history:

US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) / Itinérance aux É.-U. - Appels + textos (10-jours)

However, as of March 2nd, the plan is still not active. I checked the "Plan and Add-Ons" page and I could not see the plan that I purchased under "My Add-Ons".

I sent the moderating team a message but they still haven't responded.

Can someone please advise?

8 REPLIES 8

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would also be frustrated as well if I encounter problems with purchasing add-ons.

Maybe a moderator can answer this: why something so simpe as changing a plan or buying an add-on can be so much of a pain sometimes when it does not work correctly? It seems like it's a system problem and not a user problem. How can this be fixed so that it does not ever happen to anyone again?

pancakes

Tried all of the items that you raised already unfortunately

@pancakes 

Frustrating for sure....  If you got that step of successful add on, it should be in your account to use.  

Do you see your phone trying to connect to AT&T or T mobile?

A few other things to consider or try:

1. Reboot phone

2.  Enable roaming (for certain phones)

3. Turn airplane mode on and then off

You may need to wait for moderator help then.  Moderators do work on weekends.  Wait times are 1-2 days generally

pancakes

1) Logging out and logging in:

I've tried this. Besides, I am in the US currently and it's a massive pain not being able to use a plan that I've PAID for ........

2) Dial 611

Dialing *611 just results in Public Mobile telling me that there's a technical issue

@pancakes 

The website is finicky at times.  Maybe logout of your account and log back in to see whether it shows up in your account afterwards. 

You could also dial 611 to see whether you have the add on in your phone.  

pancakes

I have gotten to step: Step 2.2: Success confirmation.

But I do not see the add on as part of: Step 2.3: View your newly added Add-ons!

I suspsect this is a bug...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pancakes 

Getting an add on like roaming is a two step process.

1.  Load the funds into the account, which you did

2. Buy the add on 

So, you likely have a balance in your account equivalent to the roaming add on.  Now you need to purchase the add on.  The add on should should up in your overview section "Plan and Add ons"

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@pancakes wrote:

On March 1st, I purchased the following Add-On Plan - you can see this item under the transaction history:

US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) / Itinérance aux É.-U. - Appels + textos (10-jours)

However, as of March 2nd, the plan is still not active. I checked the "Plan and Add-Ons" page and I could not see the plan that I purchased under "My Add-Ons".

I sent the moderating team a message but they still haven't responded.

Can someone please advise?

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.