cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message at first start of phone: SIM network PIN Blocked. Enter SIM network PUK

mikellini
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I've sent a message to the moderator team but I'm also posting here to see if anyone else has had this issue. I understand the pin gets blocked if you have too many failed attempts, but this is the message I got on first startup with the PM card in the phone, right after activation. I unlocked the phone yesterday, so not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

mikellini

So, it turns out that I was having an issue specific to my device. I needed a Master Unlock Code from Samsung, once I had that it worked perfectly. Special thanks to mod Remi for helping me figure that out!

@Dunkman wrote:

@mikellini 

You could wait to hear back from moderator.  The wait times are 1-2 days. It may be possible that PM moderator may be able to provide another code.  

Sorry, I am not an expert at these different codes.  @computergeek541  may be able to provide more advice?

Wait for the subsequent email (?Samsung or ? Bell)  to see whether that would help.  

The moderators can provide the PUK for the sim card itself. This is the one that is needed if someone enters the wrong PIN/password for the sim card.  This is a security feature so that someone can't use your cell phone service.

The "sim unlock network PIN" and "sim network unlock PUK" as some device manufactuers like to call it is for unlocking the device so that it can be used on any compatible carrier.  The second such code is needed if the network unlock PIN is entered multiple times incorrectly.  The network unlock PUK resets the counter so that the proper network unlock PIN will once again be accepted. The network unlock PIN and network unlock PUK are unrelated to the Public Mobile service and that's why the moderators can't do anything about it.

@mikellini 

You could wait to hear back from moderator.  The wait times are 1-2 days. It may be possible that PM moderator may be able to provide another code.  

Sorry, I am not an expert at these different codes.  @computergeek541  may be able to provide more advice?

Wait for the subsequent email (?Samsung or ? Bell)  to see whether that would help.  

mikellini

So Samsung was able to give me the PUK, but now the unlock code(s) Bell is giving me are not working. They are doing something on their end and told me to expect an email within 4 hours. Samsung can't/won't give me an unlock code.

FWIW I unlocked it yesterday with a Bell code, so I'm not sure why it's asking again. Should I be using an unlock code from PM? Since the PM SIM card is in there now? I've tried the default 0000 and 1234, any ideas?

mikellini

I do, and I will try that. I'll let you know how it turns out.

@mikellini 

Yes, from my personal experience on this forum, that happens also sometimes without trying too many password attempts.  If you have a Samsung phone (which this seems to happen more often), you can contact Samsung directly for the code.  

mikellini

Yes, I saw that thread. But the thing is, the SIM wasn't blocked from too many attempts, it was like that right away.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mikellini 

Here is a thread on the following issue from another person in the past:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/SIM-network-PIN-Blocked-Enter-SIM-net...

@mikellini wrote:

So I've sent a message to the moderator team but I'm also posting here to see if anyone else has had this issue. I understand the pin gets blocked if you have too many failed attempts, but this is the message I got on first startup with the PM card in the phone, right after activation. I unlocked the phone yesterday, so not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

Moderators cannot help you with this.  Your phone is locked to another carrier.  Usually, the original carrier of the phone can provide you with the network unlock code, but since it was entered multiple times incorrectly, you will first need the phone's network locking master reset code.  Only the phone manufactuter can provide that.

Need Help? Let's chat.