cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid twice for one service how do i get an instant refund back to my card?

vgirl99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cancelled auto-renew so I could top up my account today instead of waiting a week in a half in case I didn't have the funds on my card. So after cancelling auto-renewal I topped up my account early and only had to pay 40.00 and then I didn't get a notice or pop up that said the payment was successful so I hit submit again not realizing that had just topped up an extra 38.00. And still didn't receive a notification the payment was successful.  My phone notified me so I realized I had paid twice and did not want to. I want my 38.00 back from today's transaction and I do not know how to get it back because there is no one to talk to. Any help will help to get me a refund for today's overcharged. They should have a notice pop up that the account was topped up and when your next top update is if you top up early and cancel autopay.

3 REPLIES 3

As others say. Leave auto pay in place and receive $2 off. Then if you wish to control your account yourself by doing manual top ups, then do so. It is a hybrid method that some of us use for various reasons. When you do your manual top up...before you submit....hit the enter key and the screen will change to include taxes...then do screen print for a receipt. 

As far as double payment....can you just leave the funds there? Next month will use those funds as PM always takes from the balance first...then auto pay. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@vgirl99 wrote:

I cancelled auto-renew so I could top up my account today instead of waiting a week in a half in case I didn't have the funds on my card. So after cancelling auto-renewal I topped up my account early and only had to pay 40.00 and then I didn't get a notice or pop up that said the payment was successful so I hit submit again not realizing that had just topped up an extra 38.00. And still didn't receive a notification the payment was successful.  My phone notified me so I realized I had paid twice and did not want to. I want my 38.00 back from today's transaction and I do not know how to get it back because there is no one to talk to. Any help will help to get me a refund for today's overcharged. They should have a notice pop up that the account was topped up and when your next top update is if you top up early and cancel autopay.

Hello @vgirl99 ,

I understand you did not mean to put extra funds on your account.

@darlicious provided the methods to contact the Public Mobile Moderators, who are the only ones that could process a refund. 

It could take the Public Mobile Moderators just as long to provide you the refund, then before your next renewal of your plan is due for payment; so, if you happen to leave the amount in your Available Funds area, that amount will just be used towards your next renewal of your plan.

If you do not mind leaving that balance there, that would be the easiest method.

But, enable your Autopay again, so that you are entitled to your $2 reward.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@vgirl99 

You don't have to cancel autopay to top up your account. Keep autopay enabled for your $2 reward. The system will always take from your available funds in your balance first before it charges your card. If you have sufficient funds to cover your plan amount your card will not be charged upon renewal.

If the extra payment causes financial hardship contact the moderators and they will try and issue a refund in 3 to 5 business days. You can submit a a ticket thru the chatbot by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type double payment refund and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Or send a private message...

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.