cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for US roaming add-ons but not showing up in the my account

sophiachow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I paid for US roaming add-ons and the fund is added in my account. But in the account us-roaming service is not listed under myaddons.

How do I know that it will work in US?  Do I just go to US and turned the roaming on my cell phone and it will work?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lary8888 : Good start. Now can you do that with that link 3 lines down - Plan Details.

Lary8888
  •  
  • My Rewards
    • Loyalty Reward ($1)
    • AutoPay Reward ($2)
    • Community Reward $0
    • Refer-a-Friend Reward $0
  • To learn more about Rewards, visit our Community
  •  
  •  
  • My Data & Add-Ons

If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    0  /  100 MIN
    250 MB at 3G speed
    0  /  250 MB
    2GB one-time data bonus
    0  /  2048 MB
    500 one-time Int'l LD bonus
    0  /  500 MIN

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lary8888 : Please post a screenshot of your Plan Details page.

Lary8888

The $15 plan does not appear in add ons.Checked my bank statement and the funds were used.Have used this plan twice already but kept cutting my phone calls off after 2min. 45 sec.still no service

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : The talk and text components only show up on the Plan Details page.

@Lary8888   did you try connect to both T-Mobile and AT&T?

Also, if you login to My Account, did you see the Talk Text plan appears in your My Data & Add-ons?  Buy data is a 2 steps process :  1. Load Fund, 2. Actual buying. Many people just loaded the fund and didn't buy it.   (If you just loaded fund without buying, you should see $15 sitting as Available Fund in your My Account)

Lary8888

purchased $15 usa roaming talk and text jan.3 still no service.also rebooted phone. am in Desert Hot Springs from Vancouver Island B.C

@pkaraa wrote:

P.S. Subsequent purchases will be effective 24 hours AFTER the previous add-on expires.

This isn't correct. Roaming add-on purchases are effective immediately after purchase. It's just that the system doesn't allow someone to purchase the same add-on until 24 hours later. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Buying this add on will require two steps out of which one seems to be completed when you say the funds are in the account.

Second step is to purchase the add-on, choose add-on and pay to finish the purchase and within a few hours you ll see the purchased add-on in my account-> plan details tab.

P.S. Subsequent purchases will be effective 24 hours AFTER the previous add-on expires.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sophiachow wrote:

Hi,

I paid for US roaming add-ons and the fund is added in my account. But in the account us-roaming service is not listed under myaddons.

How do I know that it will work in US?  Do I just go to US and turned the roaming on my cell phone and it will work?

Thanks

@sophiachow  - please note these addons start the 10 day countdown as soon as you successfully add the addon to your account.

So best to complete the 2 step purchase process right before you go in the USA or when you are there.

Ensure your roaming is enabled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sophiachow 

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

when you visit US and then Purchase it,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sophiachow   buying addon is a 2 steps process

1. Load fund

2. actual buying of the add-on

any chance you only did step1 but not 2?

check if there is any balance as Available Fund on My Account, if so, then likely you didn't do step 2.  If that is the case, just head over to buy the US roaming and they will use the fund from Available fund and won't charge you again

Need Help? Let's chat.