Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to change my email + change method of payment

aurelina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I tried reaching an agent but not working. I have 2 issues:

1. I need to change my email address since I used a friend's email because the account I created using my own email it didn't work and not doesn't allow me to add my actual email to my account that I have finally been able to activate.

2. I need to change the method of payment since I used a friend's of mine credit card and I want to replace it for my debit card, which I tried and didnt work iether.

Please help!

18 REPLIES 18

Benniejets
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is a page under accounts that will allow you to change it

Not sure what's going on with this thread.
Do you use any other online sites that use credit cards? Might your bank be able to tell you if it is able to do online transactions? Is it from a Canadian or American bank using a Canadian or American billing address?

aurelina

I got this message: Access Denied

Link not working

HI @aurelina 

then it should work.  But adding/updating card sometimes is tricky here

Please check if your name and address  on PM profile page are updated and match what is on your Visa Debit.  Go to Profile page on My Account, click update on the name to get the address and postal code

aurelina

didnt try before

And you see a Visa logo on your card? Have you used it for other online purchases?

aurelina

Visa debit

aurelina

Well, mine it should work since not Simplii as you perfectly clarified. Thank you!

What do you mean there is no such thing? Your card has no form of bank logo on it?
Simplii is a form of a bank. A subset of CIBC. But there have been reports that it doesn't work here.

aurelina

Well, the first part was solved thanks to a very efficient agent. I am still waiting for an answer as per the debit card, there is no such thing: simplii, it is another bank. 

lol What's regular? 🙂 When you go to enter a new email address in that screen do you get errors? Or do you get to that screen at all? There are some limitations to what the email address can contain. I wonder if you could try a different email address. We all have multiple email addresses right? 🙂
We've established it's a debit card. You've also said it has a Visa logo on it so then we've established it's a Visa Debit. So the next thing is what is the brand or the bank or what company name is on it? There is a possibility that the name Simplii does not work here.

aurelina

regular email

it is a debit card 

1. How long is your email address?
2. Is it a Simplii card?

aurelina

1. I tried exactly what you have mentioned. 

2. I entered the info but gave me an error even though it is a visa card. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. Are you able to log in to your account? The email address is just a login id? You should get the 2fa code as a text. Then you can go in to the profile and manage eversafe id and change your email there.

2. If you can login then go to payments and manage my subscription and find your way to putting in a new card. Type it all in manually. If it's a Simplii card then there seems to be some issues with that brand. Maybe it's been fixed since.

aurelina

The debit card i tried has a visa logo on it. Thank you I will reach them.

@aurelina wrote:

I tried reaching an agent but not working. I have 2 issues:

1. I need to change my email address since I used a friend's email because the account I created using my own email it didn't work and not doesn't allow me to add my actual email to my account that I have finally been able to activate.

2. I need to change the method of payment since I used a friend's of mine credit card and I want to replace it for my debit card, which I tried and didnt work iether.

For payment, Public Mobile doesn't accept debit cards unless there is a Visa or Mastercard logo on it. 

As the chatbot is giving an error message while you're tryijng to open a ticket, please send a private message to CS_Agent.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.