cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a refund

SarahJeanSpen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I set up my husbands subscription last night. I was charged $50.41 but because his phone is not compatible with an E sim, I need to get a refund and re subscribe with ordering a regular SIM! please help me … I’ve spent sooo much time trying to resolve this.  I am brand new to public mobile. My husband, daughter and I .. and I’d really like to stick around. But this has been a run around trying to even get to this page to write this. There is an error 404 when I try to submit tickets. 

10 REPLIES 10

SarahJeanSpen

Meaning I thought the message on error was saying. Get a total refund back.. cause this device can’t be hooked up this way! 

SarahJeanSpen

Yes… I wasn’t aware the error was telling me to get refund on the sim…..

can someone help me to ensure that this specific subscription can be set up. I justdont . Want to spend extra money if I can’t use this subscription… already it’s wasting away… and I’d be lying if I said  this has left a good first impression with me. I’m hopeful someone can help.

I am not trying to be a pain. I find it very hard to communicate this way. 

@SarahJeanSpen  When you activate, isn't that eSIM was free ($0)?  eSIM has been free for new activation for over 2 weeks.   if so, you didn't really buy the eSIM then, as it was $0   Hope that makes it feel better

@SarahJeanSpen  two sim cards, you meant the eSIM and physical sim?

eSIM is a digital sim and only works on device that is compatible with it  Samsung S9 is not eSIm compatbile and hence cannot be activated with eSIM.   S9 is an older phone that can only activated with a phsyical sim

SarahJeanSpen
  • What?! In need to buy two SIM cards now?! I appreciate all your help.. thanks.. not thr answer I was hoping for 

@SarahJeanSpen Oh, I think you missed the fact that  S9  does not have an eSIM at all and hence cannot be activated with a eSIM.

You need to buy a physical sim from a local Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinic store and then change it back to physical sim.  It is a quick process (you can do it yourself on My Account if you can access it or you can ask support to help)

So, get the sim card first:

Then get a Public Mobile sim card from

SarahJeanSpen

Hi, thanks for trying to help. He has a Samsung S9. And no the welcome email did NOT have a QR code. Why would the error we get say to ask support for a refund when according to you, that ain’t gonna happen. It’s pretty frustrating… I’ve paid for his subscription and can’t activate his phone to it - so we are basically paying two service providers right now … I really hope someone can help me with this soon. It’s been four days and no ones helped. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@SarahJeanSpen wrote:

but because his phone is not compatible with an E sim, 

So if you fully log out and then try to log in again does it give you the option to use a physical sim instead. I seem to think it does. Get a sim from a corporate Telus/Koodo, MobileKlinik store and sign up that way.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SarahJeanSpen   PM is  a prepaid provider and do not provide refund.   So, why don't you try to get the activation done first?

what phone do you have?  did you try this steps to complete the eSIM installation?

did you get to the eSIM installation step  Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself.  If you missed the step, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  i

If it still does not connect, click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after)

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Or you can also get a physical sim from local Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klink store and change to physical sim instead
 https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/pick-up-SIM (call ahead to confirm availability ) 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SarahJeanSpen 

why don't you get  a phsyical sim card to complete the porting?

Need Help? Let's chat.