cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in Canada nowhere near the border but I need a US roaming to call a Canadian phone!?

Jazminnie25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I woke up this morning unable to call my husband who's visiting family in Manitoba, but not because he phone was off, but because I got the man voice telling me that I need a US roaming add-on to make phone calls. I'm not in the USA, I'm over 3 hours away from the border, I'm in Fort Qu'Appelle, SK. And the cell phone I'm phoning is also in Canada at least 3 hours away from the border. He's also with public mobile.

I did go to the USA last month and bought a $30 roaming package. It's the beginning of a new pay cycle for me. But I'm in Canada...

4 REPLIES 4

Jazminnie25

That is so odd. Like I said I can call landlines but not Public Mobile users. I can even call my dad's cell phone which is with SaskTel, and I can get phone calls from him.

@Jazminnie25 

For me, it's only a "real"  Telus number (originally Telus) that I can't call. i can call a number that was ported from Fido to Public. There doesn't appear to be any link to previous roaming use as I haven't ever a roaming package on Public Mobile.

Jazminnie25

I can call landline phones and receive calls from them no issues. It seems like it's only PM numbers I can't contact right now? Will try another PM phone number to call.

softech
Oracle
Oracle
Need Help? Let's chat.