cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking for US add-on for canadian number calling

Akashdeepchauha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I am calling my family in Canada and somehow since morning it says I need US addon to call.

someone having the same issue??

9 REPLIES 9

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541   only happen with calling another PM number?  I guess reboot and other trick not work at all?

This is an issue on the Public Mobile side of things. I did try restarting my phone, but it makes no difference.  I'm uncertain if this only happens to Public Mobile numbers, as so far, it's only one phone number that I'm having difficulties calling.   I can say that the discussions about the issue of customers hearing erroneous roaming messages and the call then failing have been noticed  by Public Mobile.

@computergeek541   only happen with calling another PM number?  I guess reboot and other trick not work at all?

I am now experiencing the same issue when attempting to call a another Pubilc Mobile nunber.  I am most definitely not roaming despite the recorded error message that is played back.  I"m attempting to figure out the cause of this.  I'll have a talk to Public Mobile about this to see what I can find out.

@Akashdeepchauha wrote:

My number is active but I can't make calls or receive calls or use internet since today morning. Living in Waterloo Ontario.

If someone calling my number it asks for US add-on. Really disappointed 

Check your area coverage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage

Let someone add "1" before your phone number, and try call you again.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Akashdeepchauha wrote:

Hi

I am calling my family in Canada and somehow since morning it says I need US addon to call.

@Akashdeepchauha , I had this happen to me recently also! It made no sense considering at the time I had not left my apartment in 2 weeks (was sick in bed in NB, Canada) & live no where near the US border! I tried all the troubleshooting on my phone, reset network settings, turned phone off & removed SIM card for 20 minutes, put SIM card back in phone, turned phone back on & still same issues even with me manually connecting to the Public Mobile Network on my phone! I had to contact CSA to fix it on their end for my phone service to work again! If nothing else works please submit a support ticket to them & let us know how it goes.

Edit:

The Public Mobile Customer Support Agents

If the Community is stumped by your question or if you have an account specific issue, then it’s time to contact the Customer Support Agents.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Under your mobile network connections, try switching to manual, and select public mobile as your carrier.

Oddly enough, it sounds like you’re describing that your device is trying to connect to a US network tower.

Akashdeepchauha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My number is active but I can't make calls or receive calls or use internet since today morning. Living in Waterloo Ontario.

If someone calling my number it asks for US add-on. Really disappointed 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Akashdeepchauha   are you living close to the border ?

try to change the network selection to Manual and pick Public Mobile network.  Once set, try making the call again, include the 1 before the 10 digits phone number

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Akashdeepchauha wrote:

Hi

If you are in the State now, then you need US add on for talk, text or data to call your family in Canada.

Add: $15 Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle for 15 days;

$30 Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 3GB Data Bundle for 15 days

Need Help? Let's chat.