cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just joined and cannot connect

DrSPhd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined Public Mobile and chose the eSim. It installed on my phone and then wasn't able to connect to the service and it didn't give me a phone number. I then decided to try deleting the eSim to reinstall it only to find out that I would need to purchase a new eSim!?!? I don't know what to do and I am frustrated. I am using a pixel 6 (which is eSim compatible) and only have 90 minutes to try to switch my number from Koodo and at this point, I almost feel like I lost my money and should just stay with Koodo. What should I do?

8 REPLIES 8

Johnvu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Seem like You did not completed your subscription processing, if you don’t have your number , it mean you don’t have account. Try to log in your account , if you can , you could see your plan and your cell number . If you could not log in , better star over again . Good luck . 

DrSPhd

Okay, Thanks. Guess I will hold tight and hope for the best. 

@DrSPhd 

OK, I see. The best option is to contact a CS_Agent and explain to the agent of your issue. They may reset the eSIM for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Their hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm EST.

DrSPhd

I didn't accept sending over the number transfer because the app told me I would have a temporary number. That temporary number didn't work and I didn't want to confirm a cancellation of my old plan if the temporary number didn't work as I need internet service to get around. As for deleting the eSim, I have had them in the past and deleted them from my phone and reinstalled on another phone using the same information. I didn't realize PM would not allow for you to delete and reinstall. Seems pointless to have the convenience if it doesn't work... If I decide to stick with this company I think I will find a physical sim. I just didn't want a lapse in service.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DrSPhd 

If you reply to the text confirming with YES you are porting over to PM. The process will take about 90 minutes to port over. Meanwhile, your Koodo SIM should continue to work until porting is completed.
Your should have received an email with the QR code so you can scan to the eSIM setting on your phone.

I really don’t know why you deleted the eSIM. Now you need to purchase a second eSIM.

I found the SIM is more flexible when you are switching from phone to phone rather than purchasing an eSIM for each phone.

@DrSPhd wrote:

Yeah, I have tried connecting with them but it appears nobody is home.

Be patient, they will get back to you as soon as they can. If not by tomorrow morning, you can send them a direct message via the link in my signature down at the bottom. 

DrSPhd

Yeah, I have tried connecting with them but it appears nobody is home.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@DrSPhd You will need to reach out to the Customer Support agent since you already deleted the eSIM trying to connect. As for the number transfer, it should process within a couple of hours as long as you answered to the text message from your Koodo SIM. If not, they can also help you with initiating porting again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.