cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two phones with Public Mobile and not sure how to handle this

themindfulgirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I currently have two phones with Public Mobile plans, one under me and one under my mom. 

However, I'd like to do the following:

Mom's phone: Cancel her current plan and take over my plan

The end result is that she takes over my account number but keeps her phone number. 

What is the best way to proceed?

Should I keep my SIM card, and then use it on her phone? But how can I change the phone number on my current SIM card?

7 REPLIES 7

@totalUser  Oh yes of course if @themindfulgirl didn't want or need to continue as a pm customer then only the lucky or alternative providers SIM would be necessary.

@darlicious wrote:

@themindfulgirl  I believe if you are not attached to your number and mother does not have any rewards to lose by cancelling her account then your only option would be @totalUser suggestion. It does require the purchase of 2 SIM cards. One to port your mother's number out and another to activate a new account/SIM card for you. If you do this during a particularly lucrative stackable flash sale that it may be wirth the extra expense of SIM cards and cheap lucky plan. If you plan ahead and order a discounted pm SIM card online and have a $1 lucky SIM on hand you may be able to do the port out and change number etc...in the short time period of a good flash sale ( usually 2 days.) You would just have to be prepared, willing to wait for your opportunity and be ready to pounce.

Hi @darlicious 

I believe there is no need for new pm sim card, once the number is ported from lucky, op's sim card will be associated to mother's number. But mom's sim will be fried, so if they want to have two accounts in future they can get new sim card (sometimes stores have it for free for new activation which would be the case, as you mentioned, also somebody just posted within last two days that they got got it from a Walmart for free)

@themindfulgirl  I believe if you are not attached to your number and mother does not have any rewards to lose by cancelling her account then your only option would be @totalUser suggestion. It does require the purchase of 2 SIM cards. One to port your mother's number out and another to activate a new account/SIM card for you. If you do this during a particularly lucrative stackable flash sale that it may be wirth the extra expense of SIM cards and cheap lucky plan. If you plan ahead and order a discounted pm SIM card online and have a $1 lucky SIM on hand you may be able to do the port out and change number etc...in the short time period of a good flash sale ( usually 2 days.) You would just have to be prepared, willing to wait for your opportunity and be ready to pounce.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@themindfulgirl, do you want to keep your current number?  That would not be possible. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@themindfulgirl Public Mobile won't swap phone number to a different account. You would need to have her port out and in. If that's done, you would lose your number because her's will replace yours.

@themindfulgirl i don't think that can be done, you can't change a public mobile cell number between public mobile accounts.  If youre plan is still available you can go in her self serve account and change her current plan to the same plan you have, that's about the only way! 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Move her to lucky

You can get sim for $1 and take lowest plan

Or any other provider I heard bell has $5 plan I'm not sure how much are their sims

Then login to your account, go to plans, then change my number, then port in her number

Edit: you may want to think about the login info, once you port her out she won't be able to use that email anymore, you could change her login info temporarily to something else then change your login info to her email. This way it does feel like you took over your account and your simcard

Need Help? Let's chat.