cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the $30 dollar "old" plan, should I switch?

Danvanb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see that my $30 dollar plan, unlimited talk, text, and 500mb of data. It appears to be the same as the new $25 plan. I was considering moving up to the $35 one to get a little more data. 

Is there any reason not to switch? 

Thanks

Dan

9 REPLIES 9

@Danvanb 

Oh my… that’s the plan I started on in December 2018. $30, 500 MB and no 500 MB bonuses being on Autopay. By March or April 2019 it had “been replaced” by a $25 - 500 MB plan that also gave a 500 MB data bonus if on Autopay. You’ve gone over 2 1/2 years without upgrading to the newer better plan. Never too late to make the switch, schedule the change anytime but choose “At Next Renewal” so it does it all for you automatically.

AE_Collector

Danvanb

Thanks, that is what I was hoping to hear. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some behind the scenes feature that I was missing and would regret later. 

Danvanb

Pretty sure it's the same throttled at 3g speed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Danvanb  After reading all the pros and cons (or just pros and no cons),  I guess you will change to $25 in a heartbeat, except, you might still want to click "Change on next renewal date" so, you don't need to pay extra  😂

@Danvanb 

Do you want to save $5 and double your data? or Pay $5 more and **bleep**tuple your data? Your current plan does not come with the 500mb autopay data bonus. By choosing either plan and having a card registered for autopay you will then recieve the additional 500mb of data along with your $2 autopay reward.

It's preferable to schedule a plan change on next renewal as there is no prorating at pm and your minimum $5 in rewards will be defered to your following renewal if you perform an immediate plan change.

@t_p 

The $30/500mb plan was one of the many plans rolled out that first offered 3G data speeds as pm began its quiet elimination of plans offering full speed 4G LTE data.

Edit:

For the smut filter....6 times or 6× or multiply your 500mb of data by six....geesh!!😋

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Danvanb wrote:

I see that my $30 dollar plan, unlimited talk, text, and 500mb of data. It appears to be the same as the new $25 plan. I was considering moving up to the $35 one to get a little more data. 

Thanks

Dan

@Danvanb 

The $35 plan certainly looks like a much better value than your current $30 one. Only $5 more and 3 times as much data.

Only thing is I don't know if your "old" data is full speed LTE or throttled like the "new" one. Or maybe you don't even care.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Danvanb wrote:

Thanks

Dan

@Danvanb    Absolute no reason for you to not switch, although it's usually advised to Change at Next Renewal, you might be better off doing an Immediate Plan Change.  You'll start a new cycle/payment date of course by changing now but you get access to extra data with the switch.  

Keep in mind for Immediate Plan Changes, PM doesn't prorate or refund for unused features of your plan.

BTW this current $25 plan has been available for a couple of years, so it's a good idea to regularly check the Announcement thread or Plans page as PM does make changes to their line up of plans and sometimes they're much better value than older discontinued plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Danvanb 

you can switch to any new plan you like to save money with more data,

and click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

choose at your next plan renewal date. To change your plan,

*note*

if you think about that Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

sorry for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $60 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Danvanb 

If I were you, I would switch.

With the $25 plan you get 1 GB of data each cycle if on auto pay.  Twice the data,  same calling/texting features, $5 less per cycle. 

Need Help? Let's chat.