cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have slow internet whenever i am using public mobile network

Sweta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tweeted and public mobile wanted me to send message. I am using community for the first time. Internet is very slow, i have noticed that whenever i use public mobile network, i cant post my tweets,social media, emails are slow too.. It keeps on searching. I use bell wifi all the time but when i dont have wifi i noticed the difference lately how slow is public mobile. 

16 REPLIES 16

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe your bell Wifi is blazing fast. Comparing to that, you might think PM net is slow or laggy.

photosbydan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What are your speeds measured in? You left that part out.

63kb/s is really slow...

63mb/s is really fast...

StrongRad

You might want to go through your phone and check your apps and verify what apps are currently using data.. perhaps something is bogging you down by sucking up a bunch of your bandwidth without you even knowing it. >.<

Sweta

I checked my brother's public mobile

Upload is 5 and ping is 90ms

I have issues with upload most of the time. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sweta if you're comparing to a WiFi connection on a strong cable or dsl connection and expecting near equivalence, you're going to be disappointed.  ~63 downlink speed is actually quite good.  The upload speed is slow, but it's always slower on mobile data.  I'd expect a bit higher though.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Sweta wrote:

Thanks did the test

Download-63.68, upload 1.33, ping 18

My wifi from bell

Dl-84.67,ul-91.33,ping-4

See the Diffrence?

With that speed, you shouldn't experience slow data internet. May be tether it to your laptop, tablet or any other phone, and see if you experience the same slow internet. 

Sweta

Thanks did the test

Download-63.68, upload 1.33, ping 18

My wifi from bell

Dl-84.67,ul-91.33,ping-4

See the Diffrence?

srlawren

@Sweta here's a link to the Ookla speed test for Android, as suggested by @R47

Assuming your G6 is indeed a north american variant, and is set to connect to LTE, as others have suggested checking, there isn't any good reason i can think of that you'd have consistently slow speeds.  Looking forward to hearing the results of your speed test(s).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Having universally slow speed is unusual.  Where the towers are heavily loaded or reception strength is low, speed can be slower, but even then it should be usable.

photosbydan

The cache clearing is definitely a good start.

I'd be cautious of the speed test as well when you're using data.

Let us know where you're located as well, could help understand the issue.

R47

Go settings > more > mobile network > preferred network > make sure it's LTE preferred.

What's your signal level? Does it say LTE or H+ in your network bar?

Try a speed test, my preferred one is the Ookla speed test app. Though do note, if your data is working, it'll suck up ~150mB. 

Go settings > about phone > status > Sim status - What does it say there? (screenshots would help)

Rockdaddy22

@Sweta wrote:

Phone LG 6

Service LTE 120days full speed

Reception is slow everywhere usually 

Have you performed a speedtest lately? If you don’t mind trying a couple tests and letting us know the results, that would be great. 

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm assuming you're using North American version of the phone, you have the proper bands to support data.

You may need a mod to look at your account to make sure there's nothing going on in the back end of the systen that's affecting data speeds.

Click this link: @CS_Agent, send them a message including your name, account number, and an explanation of what's going on and they can look into it for you.

StrongRad

Does it eventually load whatever it is you're trying to do? Or does it never end up loading..

There's potentially a cache issue at play.. Here's a link to a walkthrough on how to clear out your cache for your phone..

LG Cache Fix

You could try that first, since many times the easiest solution is the most overlooked one.

Sweta

Phone LG 6

Service LTE 120days full speed

Reception is slow everywhere usually 

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sweta

Sorry to hear your service is lagging a bit. That is definitely not the norm - I have great data speeds on the network.  A few questions to clarify:

- what phone are you using?

- what plan do you have on your account (3g or full speed)?

- what is the reception like in the areas you have having slower speeds?

Need Help? Let's chat.