cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have bonus US calling and data still on my account and it's not working, help

dylan9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just arrived in the US and my bonus US calling and data isn't working. Any help would be appreciated. It shows up in my account, but not sure how to activate it. 

9 REPLIES 9

sorry @Flyingfinn1982   there is no need to wait  24 hours for  Roaming addon (or other addon) to kick in

and in OP's case, his bonus LD minute and data from Holiday bonus simply won't work in US   Those are addon to be used in Canada, not roaming addon

Flyingfinn1982

Allow 24hours for it to kick in. Double check your network is on T-Mobile. You may have to take the network selection off automatic in order to select T-Mobile.

@dylan9   there are different choices, you are visit Walmart or Target and see what choices they have

Other names like  Ubigi, Jethro , Lyca 

dylan9

oh can you tell me more about that? I think just a roaming add-on will work this time, but in the future i have a longer trip planned

@dylan9   you can buy US roaming as mentinoed above

If you are there long and you need lots of data, consider getting local US prepaid data sim card, it is cheaper and usually provider more data

dylan9

thank you for your response, I had it in my head it was roaming, so i will add on some us roaming! thx! 

dylan9

ohh man, ya that makes total sense, I misread that. thank you I appreciate your response.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What bonus? You need roaming add-ons to talk, text or use internet. Unless you have a very old plan.

Set networks to automatic and it should connect to T-Mobile. Set mode to LTE etc. You could of course be outside of their coverage.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dylan9   the bonus long distance calling you got during Christmas was Long Distance calls to be use FROM Canada calling other countries including USA.  The bonus data you got is only to be used in Canada only

when you are in US, you need to buy US roaming addons, here are your choices:

Bundle - US Roaming - Talk, Text and 3GB Data (15 days)- $30 (25 Reward points)
Bundle - US Roaming - Talk and Text (15 days) - $15 (10 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 250 MB Data (15 days) - $10.00 (5 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 1GB Data (15 days) - $20.00 (15 Reward points)
Data - US Roaming - 3GB Data (15 days) - $25.00 (20 Reward points)

Need Help? Let's chat.