cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a friend ported her number to Bell in Sep., her credit card was still charged $42 in Oct.

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Messaged modorator team several times and get no solutions. They said they can't find her account. Now they are not even replying my message. 

Anyone else has similar experience?

All she wants is to refund her money charged in October. Is it that difficult?

I know lots of warm hearted people on this community, please help!

20 REPLIES 20

crawford0818
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I felt like swaring now. Since I got all the evidence and account number, sent them two messages, nothing happened. No responses at all! What a ripping off company!

Sam98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Send email to moderator. They will be able to process refund back to the credit card

crawford0818

thanks. will do

@crawford0818

That is great that you have access to your account.  The first thing is to disable autopay.  Ie. remove your credit card information.  Then you can deal with the moderators about the billing issues......

Go to Payment section, then choose Make Payment, then Manage Autopay, then Remove Autopay.

Then at least, you won't have any further payments withdrawn from your account.  

crawford0818

thanks for everyone's help. I just got into my account. I am the person being ripped.

Just found out my account still active!

I ported my number out in Sep.

How did this happen?

And it looks like I will be charged another $40 for Nov.

Big thanks to my friend posted this and all of you guys.

Hope I can get this solved soon

Nancy

@fsm7268

Did your friend sign in instore or online?  If instore, the vendor usually will give hardcopy to customer with account number.  The key problem is not knowing the account number.  

Usually need phone number, account number and PIN number to help moderator find account and help with account and billing issues.

fsm7268

I don't think she did

fsm7268

great idea. will do that. Hope it helps! thanks.

@fsm7268 wrote:

sorry. don't know account number. After ported to Bell, her public account number is not exist

Not sure if you included this or not but i would send a copy of her Bell account showing when it started with the phone number and a copy of the CC statement showing the charge by PM to the MODs. Oviously these will overlap and seems the account should have been closed on port out they should have never charged her again.

fsm7268

sorry. don't know account number. After ported to Bell, her public account number is not exist

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fsm7268, do you happen to know the account number?  This will make locating the account that much easier. 

There are situations that justify a charge back.  Personally, I don't like using this big hammer.  The service provider she owe up to it instead of being forced.  If the progress isn't there, the CCTS is a great way to unclog the impediments.

fsm7268

she activated her number in end of Aug. ported her number out in Sep. but she was still charged in Oct.

I guess the issue was before she ported her number out, she didn't cancel auto billing. That was my only guess. I told mod_team this, but didn't seem get anywhere

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is indeed weird. If a number is ported out the account gets deleted. That's why PM cannot find anything.

You said that she wanted to use PM and it didn't work. What if those $42 were for that time you tried to activate then it suddenly worked and she got charged for that specific time?

I do not think there will be charges in the following months.

fsm7268

This is the last message I got from Mod_team, Thursday!

Thursday
Thanks for following up with us!   I tried to look up Nancy's account with 905-xxx-xxxx, however, I was unable to find it. Can you please confirm if the number is correct?   Best,   Syed

fsm7268

thanks for your suggestion. Yes, she did call her credit card company, they didn't want to anything about it. I guess CCTS will be next step. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fsm7268 wrote:

That's exactly my friend afraid of, being charged in Nov, Dec, ...

She is an older lady, I helped her transferred to Public Mobile, but nothing worked well for a week, then she decided transfer back to Bell. Nightmare starting...

Got a few messages from Mod_team, but seems like they are going on circles. I gave all the info they needed, but their answer was can't find her account. What the hack? She was still charged money in Oct, but counldn't find her account? 

You did your job to contact PM to resolve the issue.  It is the time to call her credit card company to reverse the charge or contact CCTS suggested by other community members.

fsm7268

That's exactly my friend afraid of, being charged in Nov, Dec, ...

She is an older lady, I helped her transferred to Public Mobile, but nothing worked well for a week, then she decided transfer back to Bell. Nightmare starting...

Got a few messages from Mod_team, but seems like they are going on circles. I gave all the info they needed, but their answer was can't find her account. What the hack? She was still charged money in Oct, but counldn't find her account? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fsm7268 wrote:

Messaged modorator team several times and get no solutions. They said they can't find her account. Now they are not even replying my message.

I've been jumped on for saying this before but I would do a credit card chargeback. And repeat as necessary. Meanwhile yes CCTS with proof of your communications and the one where it says they can't find the account ???? Then stop taking the money!!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

It's been taking a longer than normal period of time for moderator responses to concerns. I know it isn't what you want to hear but...please be patient. The moderators are a great group but are over-worked. They will get to you eventually and will address your concern. Hang in there and good luck.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@fsm7268 wrote:

Anyone else has similar experience?

All she wants is to refund her money charged in October. Is it that difficult?

I know lots of warm hearted people on this community, please help!

@fsm7268As much as I wish there was, there is nothing anyone in the community can do to help with account issues. That's all up to the moderator team. How long has it been? It's now 6 days I have been waiting for the moderator team to respond to me.

While this is probably some glitch / account error- It sounds like they are taking money when they are not supposed to. I would look into the CCTS. If they can't find the account to rectify the situation then whats to stop them from taking another payment in November and December and so on?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

"If you’ve tried to resolve a complaint with Public Mobile and have been unable to reach a satisfactory solution with us, then the CCTS may be able to help you."

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/faq/

12. What can the CCTS do to solve the problem?

Our most important tool is the ability to have a provider fix a problem. We can require providers to fix billing errors, restore service that has been suspended or cancelled, cease collection activity, correct improper reporting to credit bureaus, and provide credits for service not received. We can require providers to give their customer an explanation or an apology.

Need Help? Let's chat.