cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got charged after disabling account too. BE AWARE if you plan to cancel !

itensweet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When cancelling my card in December I followed the instructions to remove my credit card details and was told the account would be suspended after no payments were received in 90 days. I checked my credit card today and was still billed on Jan 25 even though my credit card details had been removed. Has anyone with this issue ever been able to get a refund? I have disabled pre-authorization AGAIN and also following someone else's advice I have suspended this account. This is not cool Public Mobile! 

4 REPLIES 4

@itensweet 

Can you let us know re the instructions that advised you how to remove your credit card details?

As far as I’m aware, users cannot remove their credit card details from the self-serve account. They can only toggle auto pay on and off by either placing, or removing, a checkmark from the “enable auto pay” field box.

Is that what you did? 

itensweet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Many thanks, I have done that now. 

@itensweet wrote:

When cancelling my card in December I followed the instructions to remove my credit card details and was told the account would be suspended after no payments were received in 90 days. I checked my credit card today and was still billed on Jan 25 even though my credit card details had been removed. Has anyone with this issue ever been able to get a refund? I have disabled pre-authorization AGAIN and also following someone else's advice I have suspended this account. This is not cool Public Mobile! 

I agree that this shouldn't happen after disabling pre-authorized payments. You'll need to open a ticket using the chatbot to ask a customer agent for help.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@itensweet  Open ticket for refund ..

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.