cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't see my 5 GB of data added this cycle

mig39
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone.

So I have a bunch of data add-ons that I've accumulated from free promos, etc.  I've never really used them because I've hardly ever gone over the 5GB in my usage that I can recall.

Well, today I received a text message saying that I was 75% usage, just 9 days into my cycle.  So I logged in and saw that I was using one of the data add-ons, but didn't see any sign of the regular 5GB in my normal cycle.  

Here's a screenshot of my account page.  

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 8.46.08 AM.png

Does the regular monthly data just disappear off this page once it's used up?  I looked back through my data usage, and it looks like I'm just under 5 GB for sure, which would be reflected with the usage there under "5GB one-time data bonus" I guess.  I don't see where my normal 5GB has gone.

Anybody have any ideas?  

How do I ask a moderator or agent to take a look at my account to make sure I received my regular 5GB this month?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@softech 

Yes, you are correct! It eats up battery life and heating of the battery.

@BKNS27 wrote:

Do you have 5G phone? It eats data and sucks battery life.

@BKNS27   5G phone won't eats up data here, it will act like any other phones in PM  as our data speed is capped at 3Mpbs at LTE or around 12Mbps at 3G.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hello @mig39 

Can you screenshot this section of your self-serve, just to ensure your cycle date?

HALIMACS_0-1647704354654.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mig39 

Click on View My Usage and see how the data was used up. It happen to me when I was testing my wifi speeds around the house. In area where the wifi was weak it was using my data and I didn’t notice on my phone.

Contact the CS_Agent to question the usage you are not sure what the area.

Do you have 5G phone? It sucks battery life.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mig39   did you notice it is something just happened this month?  like last month you have not been using the 5GB  one-time data bonus yet?

if your regular 4.5GB +0.5GB at 3G speed does not show up on your My Data & Add-ons section on My Account , it usually mean they are all used up.

If it is within last month, it is easier for you to trace if you have used that much data.

I understand you said you checked the Usage log, but did you go through EVERY page for this current cycle and look for Web traffic?  DO NOT trust the sorting feature on that page.  It looks sorted but it does not.  You really have to go through each page on the current cycle and add up the Web traffic

Also, are you on Android, if so, you can easier to trace back your usage by checking your device mobile usage.  But you have to first setup the proper cycle start date:

E-MobileData.png

After confirming further,  If you are certain you did use over 5GB, then open ticket with PM Support and have them investigate:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.