cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I couldn't make call to a valid number

wzhou6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

Something very weird happened today. I couldn't make a phone call to 1 (866) 523-4357. A perfect legit business number. The call was immediately disconnected from my side saying invalid service . In the meantime I could reach the number from tmy other phones. Tried to change my Android phone settings. Disable call blocking. Adding the number to my contact. Nothing helped. 

8 REPLIES 8

Can you call any other number? Try this test call number: +1 416 342 9562. If that call doesn't go through, I wonder if the 3G network service is working in your area, which is required for voice calls -- texts & data will use the LTE network.

In your phone's network settings, see if you can force 3G only mode and see if you get any service at all... Are any of your other phones that worked also with Public Mobile? if this is the reason, it would affect all of them... But other carriers may not be affected...

HI@ecroft   have you submit a ticket with CS agent yet?  I see many have reported the issue today, and couple of them confirmed working again later

please submit a ticket 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ecroft
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried all of these things and have the same problem. Nothing seems to be helping :'(. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Calling that number also works for me (from Regina, SK)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It sure looks like there are strange things happening with the calling feature.  Fortunately I am able to call that toll free number.  

HI @DDM69 

you are ok but not your wife's?   So, it  looks like this "outage" is account based and not location

let us know when PM fixes that for you and tell us what they tell you about what happened

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My wife's phone had the same issue.  My phone worked fine.  Troubleshooting didn't resolve anything.  Had to submit a ticket.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wzhou6  - that is weird. I was able to call TD at the number without issue.

Are there other numbers you are not able to call? 

Try restarting your phone, and /or perform a reset of the device' network settings.

Sometimes if you remove the SIM Card, put it in another phone, restart that phone, then move the SIM card back to your phone (restart it), this can help with network/account issues. Try this.

Need Help? Let's chat.