I changed to a new phone but lost my eSIM, how do I get it back

Mauricio8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed to a new phone but lost my eSIM, how do I get it back
@CS_Agent

7 REPLIES 7

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I would recommend, as @softech did earlier, go with the physical SIM card if your device can accept one.

They are more versatile and can be switched from device to device.

E-Sim may be 'convenient', however I prefer the physical card.

If you choose to go that route, you can get one at a corporate TELUS or Koodo location.

@Mauricio8 wrote:

Thank you! And would I be able to keep the same number or would that be another process?

Yes @Mauricio8  no worries with the number., just need to pay $5 for a new esim on the new phone

@Mauricio8 

yes, you are keeping the same number (and account) with the new eSIM

Mauricio8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! And would I be able to keep the same number or would that be another process?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mauricio8 - obtain a new sim card: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/pick-up-SIM and swap the sim card numbers in your My Account.

See "How To Change Your SIM Number" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mauricio8 

If you have eSIM now, changing phone means paying another $5 for a new one

you need to download the app on the new phone, Login and go to Subscription and add-ons page, scroll down and hit Buy new sim card there

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mauricio8 

For eSIM with new phone, you have to re-buy a new one for $5.  
Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

Need Help? Let's chat.