cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed number due to losing my phone a few months ago, but now I need it back to access my Gmail

jaedoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed number due to losing my phone a few months ago, but now I need it back to access my Gmail account. Luckily when I call the number it says it is not in service so it should still be available. When I try to follow instructions under "change my number" on the public mobile site, it gives me the option to choose between new numbers, or to type in an existing number that I would like to transfer over from an existing plan. Neither of these options is suitable for getting my old Public Mobile number back.

Do I need to call customer service, is this even possible to do? Or can I do it online......

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jaedoy

I changed my number because I didn't want my ex to be able to get a hold of me. The first six digits were 236971

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

But why did you change your number to begin with?

What were the first 6 digits of the number if you don't mind saying what province and area the number came from.

jaedoy

Thank you for your response, I went to create a ticket but I got "error 404", so then I Pm'd the customer service guy like you suggested doing in that order in your response.

I got the number from Public Mobile, so I as well thought they will be able to see that in my account history and that it shouldn't be too complicated seeing as it is in their selection of numbers. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Thanks again 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jaedoy   For Gmail, you tried the recovery here?

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

For your phone number, first did you get it new from PM when you first joined? or did you ported in the number when you join PM?  If you ported in from another provider, the number would have returned to that provider where you got the number from

But if you get it new from PM.  Maybe you can try if you can prove them you were the owner of the phone number in the beginning.  No guarantee, provider does not like to give the exact number to customer anymore.  But hope they are willing to help. 

To open ticket with PM:

1. If you have access to My account: At  https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

And remember to let us know how it turns out

And if you get back your Gmail, make sure you setup other way of 2FA, a backup email address, Authenticator, etc.  using phone number or text is never a safe way.

Need Help? Let's chat.