cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot send or receive text messages

Shaun12345
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has been almost 2 weeks since I transferred my number. Something is wrong at your end or with previous provider. Please fix it ... I need this working to pass all sorts of MFA tests. Not cool.

6 REPLIES 6

In hindsight @Shaun12345 , I now see the title of your post was regarding sending and receiving text messages so my recommendation did not really apply.

@Phil_Adelphus had it correct! 👍 

Shaun12345

Thanks, Alun. I have a support ticket open.

I thought everyone was ignoring my texts ... that I had been forsaken by everyone.

Alun

I just had this exact issue, and it can only be solved by the Public Mobile crew changing some settings on their system, and then you rebooting your phone. To get them to do this you will need to raise a ticket by going through the chatbot troubleshooting (this option for a ticket is at the end of a bunch of questions!). It is through communicating in this ticket with an employee of Public Mobile that you can let them know your exact issue (texts) and they can fix it. 

There are MANY people having this exact same problem when transferring numbers to Public.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Shaun12345  There  have been some technical problems with text messaging recently, you might want to submit a ticket to customer service using the chat icon bottom right of this page.  If that doesn't work for you try private messaging support at this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Shaun12345

I also called the porting assistance number and the system tells me there is no transfer request for my number.

I don't believe this is a transfer issue, however the Public Mobile support chatbot assumes it's a number transfer issue. Is this the only possible reason why one would not be able to send or receive text messages?

Shaun12345

Thanks, HALIMACS. As far as I can tell the port was successful. I received the text from Rogers and responded YES, as required. Public captured the number: I'm able to send and receive voice calls with the ported number.

Need Help? Let's chat.