cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get logged on

BillHulet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've tried repeatedly to get logged onto my account and the code needed to change the password has never been sent to my email address like it was supposed to. I had a problem paying for the account until I turned off all my privacy filters, then it sent me a message saying I had activated my account but I had an Error Code 837 and I had to use the chat bot of ask for an error ticket. That's why I'm posting this.

I'm using Firebox on Linux Debian. My previous cell phone company was Petro-Canada Mobility, so I chose Ztar on the drop-down list because a post in the community said to do so. Petro-Canada doesn't have a separate account number, it just uses the phone number (as near as I can tell). I couldn't generate the other code from my phone as suggested, so I just put in my phone number in that slot of the application.

6 REPLIES 6

@BillHulet  So, the account actually activated?  you can make outgoing calls?

So, have you submitted porting request yet?  or you just picked a new number and will work on porting request now?

Let us know what stage you are at and will advise

BillHulet

I've gotten logged on finally. I created an incognito window in Firefox, and turned off the anti-tracking software, and it still didn't work. When I clicked onto the "My Account" and "Sign In" buttons it went to a blank page with "forbidden" written on it. But I found that when I clicked on the "My Rewards" button it allowed me in and most things worked.

Now I'm trying figure out the phone mail system. I'll give Public Mobile a little more time to get it working---, as it seems a bit weird to me now. But progress has been made thanks to you guys!

@BillHulet   is your account activated yet? if you got Error 837, likely it wasn't activated yet.  Check your Credit card to see if it was charged

Put PM sim card into a phone and see if it connects

BillHulet

I'm still having a problem signing into my account, though---.

BillHulet

Just to let people know, I found the IMEI number after all. The problem was the website says type *#06# and my old eyes weren't noticing the tiny little asterix on the computer screen. Maybe a larger font would be useful for old farts like me.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BillHulet So, you are still trying to activate??

using Ztar for Petro-Canada is correct .  Since there is no account number with Petro, pleae enter the IMEI number

And alternative way is to just join by picking a temp number first.  Once activated and you can make and receive calls, then open ticket with PM support and request they help with porting the number 

Need Help? Let's chat.