cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find my service provider's name on your old service list.

anniezhang512
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Urgent!  Can you help me solve this problem?  I can't find my service provider's name on your old service list, so I can't transfer my number now.  

4 REPLIES 4

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@anniezhang512 wrote:

Urgent!  Can you help me solve this problem?  I can't find my service provider's name on your old service list, so I can't transfer my number now.  

Who is the old service provider? If its an MVNO or flanker brand, you can probably choose the parent company carrier. ie:

• Chatr Mobile, Fido Mobile, Cityfone, Primus Wireless, SimplyConnect, Zoomer Wireless, 7-Eleven Speak Out Wireless, good2go Mobile Canada, Petro-Canada Mobility = Rogers
  • Koodo, DCI Wireless = Telus Mobility
  • Lucky Mobile, Virgin Mobile = Bell
  • Shaw Mobile = Freedom Mobile

If your old carrier is one of those, you can probably safely pick the parent brand...

Here's a list of all mobile brands in Canada, and parent companies: https://cansumer.ca/cell-phone-companies-canada/#:~:text=All%20cell%20phone%20providers%20in%20Canad...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@anniezhang512 

1.  Select a number provided by PM during activation.

2.  After activation, login to you account and click on the Change Number link to port your phone number from your previous provider.  This form will allow you to enter the name of a provider in addition to the list of providers.  Enter the name of your provider and submit your number porting form.

Welcome to PM.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@anniezhang512 wrote:

@anniezhang512  - you can always activate with a new number first. Then you can request the port from your provider with the Customer Support Agents (CSA).

EDIT: I am adding this link, so you can confirm your phone number is eligible to port over (Koodo and Public Mobile is both owned by TELUS), so it says koodo, no worries.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Methods to contact CSAs: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anniezhang512 

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

Need Help? Let's chat.