cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my account

ncarter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Set up a new Public Mobile account, but am unable to transfer my number from my old provider - I haven’t been able to get the support I need from Public Mobile online support to understand and fix this problem. Can’t submit a ticket for unknown reasons- just tells me there’s ‘a problem’. Leaves me with no options other than cancel my account and look for a different provider.

6 REPLIES 6

hi @ncarter 

you have to find a way to call,  maybe usiing a landline or maybe use your friend's phone

but if your previous carrier already suspended your line,  you actually need to call your previous carrier first.  You need to arrange them them to reactivate the line briefly so you can port out the line. Only active line can be ported. Once that is cleared, then call PM porting assistant team back and ask them to retrigger the port request 

ncarter

I can’t call them, I have no cell service - my provider appears to have cut my service off before they sent me the authorizing/authenticating code for confirmation 

I can’t reach them and can’t call you

ncarter

i believe my previous provider has cut off my mobile service before texting me the message to validate my transfer request so I’ve got no cell or text service and can’t contact the necessary customer support at either Primus or Public

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ncarter 

you have a chance to call the Porting assistance team yet? Don't cancel the account yet, contact them and they can help

I will send the phone number to your community inbox.  Please click on the envelope icon on top or 'Message" link under the Avatar menu

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@ncarter I'm sorry to hear that you encountered difficulties activating your account. 

As this service is all online, it can be challenging to navigate once errors occurs. 

You can message Public Mobile directly at the link below to see if they are able to assist you. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

There are various ways to cancel the account, all have to be done by you.

Once you sign into the account online, slide the Subscribed button in green to off. Should turn  red.  This will prevent further charges to your credit card. After 90 days of non payment account will be closed.

2. Port your number back out to another provider. You would need to sign onto the account to get your account number to provide to new carrier. 

@ncarter 

More details would be helpful.  Did you try to port your number?  What error message did you get?  

Do you have any service with PM SIM card?  Incoming text or calls?  Outgoing text or calls?  Data?  

Might want to check this link to see whether you can port your number over to Public mobile (or any Telus company):

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Need Help? Let's chat.