cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can send MMS but I can't receive MMS

erotavlas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am already aware of the changes since Feb 2024 that causes some older phones to no longer be supported for MMS and required APN updates to resolve.  My situation is still as follows.

I can send and receive regular text messages

I can send picture and video messages (recipient will receive them)

I cannot receive picture or video messages, it just gets stuck on downloading but never downloads it.

I'm using Sony Xperia XZ Premium running Android 9 and Google Messages app.

I updated the APN settings to the ones recommended (from various subreddit such as - MMS no longer working on certain devices : r/PublicMobile (reddit.com)) but I lost data when I did so and had to revert to the old settings.

Is there any alternative APN settings I can try?

8 REPLIES 8

Lkpm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OMG finally MMS is working. Thanks a lot!!! 😉

erotavlas

I got it working finally with the following settings

APN: SP.MB.COM -> WITH CAPITAL LETTERS
MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
APN type: default,ia,mms,supl,fota,hipri
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D

erotavlas

@Phil_Adelphus yeah I just tried Textra. Same result.  I tested by trying to send myself a picture message but it failed.  Regular text message works though.  Also my Wifi is off when testing.  I'll submit a support ticket and see if they have any other suggestions.  

@erotavlas wrote:

Is there any alternative APN settings I can try?

Both incoming and outgoing MMS use the same APN settings.  Outgoing MMS working means that your APN settings are already correct.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@erotavlas   Have you tried a different texting app, like Textra?  I seem to recall some people had issues after a Google Messages update.   Also have you tried turning wifi off (MMS needs cellular data so that must still be on).  Some people recently have also had issues with RCS on Android phones.  If you've looked at other alternatives and still feel it is a PM problem you can submit a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page.  Unfortunately response times are slower than normal at the moment due to a couple of other issues that need their attention.

erotavlas

I forgot to add I can't find any option for 'Reset all Networks '

erotavlas

yes, inbound calls are ok.

I retried the above apn settings, this time I didn't lose internet, but nothing really changed either. I still wasn't able to receive picture message. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @erotavlas 

but inbound calls ok?

please start with Reset All Networks

if it is not the solution, check APN< mainly these lines:

APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220