cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not receive a text from Wells Fargo

Rwayne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wells Fargo needs to send me a message with a pin code in it so I can verify my account with them.

They keep saying they are trying to send me the text but it wont come through. I have been with public mobile for a long time and I am not sure how to fix this.

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Rwayne wrote:

Wells Fargo needs to send me a message with a pin code in it so I can verify my account with them.

They keep saying they are trying to send me the text but it wont come through. I have been with public mobile for a long time and I am not sure how to fix this.

Thanks.

@Rwayne 

You seem to have the same kind of issue as OP in this thread.

Re: 2FA SMS from Bank in France not arriving - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Try the proposed solution to see if it works.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Rwayne wrote:

Thanks.

Do they allow email verification? If you can't get the code, you need to call the bank and convince them that it's your account and get them to give you access.

this does mentioned short codes are on a country-by-country basis

https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/223182328-Will-my-Twilio-short-code-work-internationall...

I think some US business can still send to Canada, but that is because they have set it up through their Canadian division.. (or maybe through a 3rd party in Canada)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : I still think there's some confusion about outbound or inbound. But I did find a reference site that seems to explain it and it does indeed cover both. So I was wrong in my assumptions.

https://www.txt.ca/en/

The short codes seem to be administered through something called the CWTA.

Some time ago I signed some online documents. I think it was through docusign. It arrived and appeared to be a "short code". Lo and behold there it was on this list.

Wells Fargo is not. Some other US things are. Or I found Citibank India Marketing of all things.

@softech 

I have no idea....but I thought it was worth a try. If the OP gets a reply then they should start getting the verification codes.

@darlicious 93557.  it works for you?

Oh .. that's Bank Alert.. is that for the same bank?  LoL

but that doesn't mean WF in US can send the short code to OP.. 

@Rwayne 

Try texting HELP or SUBSCRIBE to 93557.

the 1 is not an issue in this case, because  short code text are system generated text.  The system has to setup to send to the different countries.. but usually they limit to their own country (probably because of the cost)

Not sure you tried to fill in those form online that will call or text you  immediately.  Those that give you drop down menu and you have to choose your country (which they will show you the area code).  Even US and Canada both have 1 as the country code, you have to pick the correct one (Canada in our case) for the system to call us. (If you pick US, they simply won't able to make the call)   It is because the system itself does not really just use the 16041234567 to call you like how we punch the number on our phone but there is some system thing to connect to Canada first then call you at 6041234567. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Who knows. But still...outbound.

I wonder if whatever service Wells Fargo subscribes to can limit its geographic range to send a text. Kinda like how companies can limit geographic range for inbound toll-frees.

I wonder if the OP has recorded their number in their account there with the 1 in front. If they can.

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@softech 

I kinda doubt that it is being updated, but I will ask PM staff.  If not, try to get an updated list.  Not a common request, but would be nice to know for certain situation.  

@Dunkman  an update list certainly helps.. i remember last month or so, someone asking why he/she can't send to a radio station in Vancouver for traffic or reporting news  or so..  They do get upset when they find out they can't do it. LoL

@softech : Right. That's an outbound. To your previous reply...I dunno.

A couple years ago I asked the company to add the *5555 for forest fires. They did. Again...outbound.

Yes, your forest fires is for a good cause so PM willing to do it.  If it is a commercial one, I don't know how fast will PM add it.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@softech 

I kinda doubt that it is being updated, but I will ask PM staff.  If not, try to get an updated list.  Not a common request, but would be nice to know for certain situation.  

@Dunkman  an update list certainly helps.. i remember last month or so, someone asking why he/she can't send to a radio station in Vancouver for traffic or reporting news  or so..  They do get upset when they find out they can't do it. LoL

@softech : Right. That's an outbound. To your previous reply...I dunno.

A couple years ago I asked the company to add the *5555 for forest fires. They did. Again...outbound.

@Dunkman wrote:

@softech 

@Anonymous  the list might be for outbound..

but inbound short code from overseas usually not work , too.  That is more an issue from the source end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech , @Dunkman : The problem with that list as I see it is that that is for outbound short code usage.

The OP is wanting to get a text from some place.

Maybe I've read things wrong.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rwayne 

Ask wells Fargo to send the verification by voice call.

@softech wrote:

@Dunkman   Mansi_g  from that short codes page is a retired PM moderator?  I hope PM has been updating the list somewhere for us to get the latest one.

@softech 

@Dunkman   Mansi_g  from that short codes page is a retired PM moderator?  I hope PM has been updating the list somewhere for us to get the latest one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rwayne 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

or can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rwayne 

Public mobile does not accept short code texts from every company (especially if foreign or US). Can you ask Wells fargo to send you an email instead?

Here is a list (not sure how up-to-date:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rwayne   is Wells Fargo US sending you the text from US and not Wells Fargo in Canada, right ?  (I think they have closed their operation in Canada)

Not all short code sent by US could be received here in Canada.    Can you change the setting to receive the code using other means like email or Authenticator?

Also, you didn't port in a number lately, right?

Need Help? Let's chat.