cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can make calls and send messages, but I can't get calls or messages.

sorindicu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

31 REPLIES 31

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Hmmmm....I wonder if a reboot will fix it for the couple of others experiencing this issue?

@darlicious , Well, that is a method that usually tends to fix weird things, isn't it.

@esjliv 

Hmmmm....I wonder if a reboot will fix it for the couple of others experiencing this issue?

@sorindicu wrote:

I got a message from moderator Oana, telling me that PM resolved the issue and have just to re-start the phone, which I did ,then everything worked normal.

@sorindicu ,

that is great! So maybe it is something that can get reset/fixed on the backend (provisioning) side of things.

Glad this is fixed and normal for you now!

sorindicu

I got a message from moderator Oana, telling me that PM resolved the issue and have just to re-start the phone, which I did ,then everything worked normal.

@sorindicu wrote:

did it last night and nothing, but I just got back from Public and they fixed it.

Hi @sorindicu always good to hear that a fellow customer's issue/problem is resolved.  Yay!

Have a wonderful day

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sorindicu : What do you mean "back from Public"? A store, the moderators? And what did they do to fix it if they said anything?

@sorindicu 

And the fix was.......?

@pbmilan80 @sorindicu 

Well this appears to be a wider spread issue than initially thought and not account specific. Maybe @pbmilan80 uou could glean more info from your moderator in this specific issue. Maybe the @CS_Agent  would care to give the community an explanation or better yet maybe @Melinda_H  would respond to this thread with an update or make an announcement as to hoe they are handling this growing issue.

Don't give up yet....give pm the chance to address the issue that is obviously beyond the capabilities of the moderators to fix within the ones account. Maybe its s consequence of this stupid province wide calling.....maybe they will have to cancel that to fix this?!!

Edit: Well I guess ignore everything I just posted above.....

sorindicu

did it last night and nothing, but I just got back from Public and they fixed it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pbmilan80 : You could try the lost/stolen process and see what happens. Log in to your self-serve, Plans & Add-ons, Lost/Stolen - Suspend, logout, wait a minute or 3, log in, back and Resume. Restart phone. Let us know. I'm not sure I've read yet of this working but it doesn't hurt. It likely will affect your rewards at your next renewal but we're just trying to get you back working.

@pbmilan80 wrote:

I have the same issue.

Cannot receive calls or text, but I can make outgoing calls/texts. 

I noticed the lack of service it this morning when my dad couldn't call me, and started sending me whatsapp messages. 

PM mod told me there is an issue with service on their end - or lack of?? I don't understand how I can call & text no problem.

Either way, I am losing patience. I am a new Public Mobile customer (two weeks ago) and if this persists, I'm out. 

@pbmilan80 , did the PM Mod offer any resolution?

pbmilan80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same issue.

Cannot receive calls or text, but I can make outgoing calls/texts. 

I noticed the lack of service it this morning when my dad couldn't call me, and started sending me whatsapp messages. 

PM mod told me there is an issue with service on their end - or lack of?? I don't understand how I can call & text no problem.

Either way, I am losing patience. I am a new Public Mobile customer (two weeks ago) and if this persists, I'm out. 

@sorindicu 

Your WhatsApp is working because its using either wifi or your mobile data ( that's working?) Only the moderators can fix this for you. If you get a different moderator they may ask that you reverify the account which can be annoying and ask you the same questions about your issue again (also annoying!)  Try to answer in a timely manner and tell the moderator they need to reset your account, reprovision your sim card and/or refresh your network (courtesy of @albertyu ).

If none of these things work from the moderators side of things you could ask them to have the tech team look into it.....but this will not solve your problem right away so not a very acceptable solution. And I would say it is then likely your sim card is failing. Purchase a new sim card ( do not activate it) then contact the moderators to change the sim number in your account and ask for a credit equal to the cost of the sim card to be added to your account

sorindicu

I tried all your suggestions and still not working.

It must be the Public network, because I can get calls and messages thru Whats-App with no issues.

The moderators are just answering once, asking for information , after sending back what they are asking for, total silence!

This is the second day without any answer or fix for the issue .

If this is the way to get something back, better leave Public mobile!

Sorin

@albertyu 

Thanks for sharing what the moderators did to fix your issue. I wonder if "refreshing the network" and "resetting the account" amount to the same thing along with "reprovisioning the sim" or if they are actually different fixes for slightly different problems?

albertyu

I have had this exact issue happen to me yesterday and after looking all over the forums this is what fixed it:

1. Message MOD team or submit a ticket using message bubble bottom right and let them know about your service is able to make outbound calls/text but not received inbound calls/text

2. Ask them to "refreshed the network" for you, and wait for a bit (~1hr) and you should be able to receive calls now.

3. If it still doesn't work try to insert your SIM into another phone and trying receiving a call again from another device. 

Hope this helps :). Public Mobile should really look into getting this fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hoangnam : This does not sound like the same problem. If you've gone about buying a new SIM then you are up against a different problem.

To keep your account and number, you will need to contact the moderators to get them to change the SIM for you.

@darlicious : As a possible further consequence of the removing of the change sim function, I wonder if some customers are trying to in effect newly activate another account using the SIM they bought motivated by not being able to change the SIM themselves...maybe. More outrage fodder for you to enjoy. 🙂

Hoangnam

I have the same problem, i did buy a new sim card then I want to keep my old number and I did type the number into the box then now it still can make a call, messages and receive message but no one can call that number.

@sorindicu 

Are your calls going to voicemail? If not and/or the following suggestions already mentioned do not resolve the issue then your sim card may need reprovisioning or your account reset by the moderators.

1. Removing the sim. Waiting at least 5 min. Reseating the sim. Powering on the phone.
  2. Toggling airplane mode on/off.
  3. Suspending your service via lost/stolen and rebooting.

Try sending another private message to the moderators. If @Andu_S  sees you are online when he comes on shift around midnight est he may reply to your message and offer some late night assistance.

Keep in mind if you suspended your service via lost/stolen this will cause any rewards you have to not apply upon renewal. You will have to contact the moderators afterwards to apply them manually.

@sorindicu 

You can also try a network reset on your phone.

Try also to put your PM Sim card in another phone.  This helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

@sorindicu 

Try this step-by-step troubleshooting:

1. Make sure airplane mode is off
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is Active
  4. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages
  5. Change Wi-Fi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only
  6. Set network mode to Auto
  7. Reset network settings

@sorindicu wrote:

I've been with Public for 6 months already. Beginning with this morning, I can make calls and send messages, but not receive any calls or messages.

@sorindicu   Yes turn off your phone before removing the SIM, wait a couple of mins then insert your SIM back in your phone and restart your phone.

If non of the suggestions work you might need to contact moderators either via chatbot and follow prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or private message Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Is your payment up to date?  If it is try the lost/stolen trick, log into your account, select Plans/Add-on tab, then Phone Lost/Stolen, Suspend service, log out and after couple of mins log back in and Resume service and restart your phone.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sorindicu Moderator hours are over today. Look for a message in the morning.

sorindicu

I already talked to Jorge, but after 2 hrs, still can't receive anything, now he's gone, not responding anymore.

@sorindicu wrote:

I've been with Public for 6 months already. Beginning with this morning, I can make calls and send messages, but not receive any calls or messages.

Try to take turn off the phone, then take the SIM out for a min and reinsert and power up the phone.  

It happens to me once, too.

mm80

@sorindicu It sounds like you need a moderator. Click on the chat symbil to open a ticket.

sorindicu

mm80

@sorindicu 

You are porting? You replied to the text message to approve the port?

sorindicu

Hi there,

when I remove the SIM card, the phone should be Off?

thanks!

Sorin

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sorindicu did you just activate a sim card and ported your number from another provider?

If this is the case, then your porting is not complete.  Continue using your old sim card until it stops working, which means your port is complete.

If that is not the case, please following the suggestions above by @esjliv .

Please keep us updated.  Thanks in advance

RosieR

Need Help? Let's chat.