cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a phone and activated an account for my mother, but I cannot log into that account.

Slinkletter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a cell phone for my mother and activated an account through Public mobile for her, but I never set it up online and now I don't know how to cancel it. 

3 REPLIES 3

Meow
Mayor / Maire

WHERE did you activate PM service: at retail store/kiosk or on-line.

If on line you should have account open during SIM activation otherwise it is impossible to activate SIM.

Having activated SIM you should go and create on-line account for her. Then you can manage it.

Meow_0-1669040867481.png

To cancel account  you have to remove autopay and after 90 days of no payments account will be deleted, number lost.

Meow_1-1669040943615.png

Or you can report phone as lost/stolen and account will be suspended immediately. 90 days rule applies.

Meow_2-1669040983777.png

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Slinkletter Public Mobile is prepaid service. if you don't pay. it will cancel your account and your phone #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Slinkletter 

If you activated in store and never set up the account and you do not know the 4 digit account pin # to use 611 to disable autopay then you must contact customer support to finish creating the self serve account and then have them remove the credit card on file registered for autopay. When was your mother's account activated?

Contact customer support below by using the private messaging option and read the spoiler for the info to verify the account. Put "Never created self serve account/Remove card on file" in the subject line and leave a detailed message,

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Need Help? Let's chat.